Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:55:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bastard Cold

Started by monkfromhavana, October 16, 2021, 08:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

Has anyone else got/had that bastard cold that's doing the rounds? I've had it for just over 2 weeks now and this seems like a not uncommon experience from what I've seen.
Doing the COVID tests which have all came back negative, but everyday I wake up to the results of cold symptoms bingo. Some days I feel like I'm getting better only to wake up the next day back where I started.

Get up every morning, liberally apply Vicks Vaporub to my chest and under my nose, 2 paracetamol, Vitamin B tablet, Vitamin D tablet, Benylin, spoonful of honey and pop a Strepsil in. Might as well just not bother for all the good they do.

flotemysost

I've avoided it by not showing any form of physical affection towards the people around me. I am a Cold Bastard.

(Get well soon monk and anyone else afflicted, sounds proper shit!)

gib

JamesTC

Had it for two weeks in September. Felt like a different symptom was arriving every couple of days. The worst day was when I had muscle pains in my legs.

imitationleather

My missus has come down with something after we went to a party last weekend. Too much heavy petting with strangers, no doubt.

She did a lateral flow and it was negative so must be a cold or maybe her pipes are all clogged up with drugs or something.

Somehow I've been totally fine. Which is a bit weird because compared to her I'm a right physical wreck.

Jasha

Quote from: monkfromhavana on October 16, 2021, 08:29:05 AM
Doing the COVID tests which have all came back negative

Have them done in Wolverhampton by any chance?

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Jasha on October 16, 2021, 12:37:42 PM
Have them done in Wolverhampton by any chance?

No, stuck to the tried and tested 30% accurate home tests.

It's really grinding me down, you go to sleep feeling as if you're on the mend, then wake up just as ill as before. I think the solution is to just stay awake for the next 3 weeks,

Fr.Bigley

I've had it for 5 and a half weeks, I started a similar thread on the topic last week. Tis a bastard.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on October 16, 2021, 01:12:58 PM
I've had it for 5 and a half weeks, I started a similar thread on the topic last week. Tis a bastard.

Are you any better now? My girlfriend just had it for a week and it fucked off from her. I'm now entering my 4th week of illness.

jamiefairlie

Could I perhaps suggest avoiding all optional in-person contact for say, oh the next six months, to minimize the likelihood of getting ill?

bgmnts

My perennial cough - that triggers any time I hit the peak of inhalation or exhalation or laughter - has hit overdrive the past few days and so I am worried I have got a dose of this bastard cold.

Although according to the telly it's either Covid or Cancer, which is a gameshow I'd love to see aired.

Anyway, it's swinging me back and forth between suicide inducing irritation and pure deso (for want of a better term, just acceptance that life is shit).

So fuck bastard colds.

Glebe

Get well soon Monk mate.

bgmnts

Blocked nose coming now.

Fucksake.

Jasha

Sounds like classic AIDS to me

Glebe

Feel better too bgmnts!

dr beat

Too much drinking out of wet glasses, as my Dad likes to say.

Glebe

Quote from: dr beat on October 16, 2021, 08:11:25 PMToo much drinking out of wet glasses, as my Dad likes to say.

Everyone looks at your dad, confused.

Cloud

Not sure if my parents have it or if they're suffering the flu jab they just had.  Soon find out I guess...

For me the flu jab was fine but they do give a different cocktail to different age groups

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: monkfromhavana on October 16, 2021, 05:10:59 PM
Are you any better now? My girlfriend just had it for a week and it fucked off from her. I'm now entering my 4th week of illness.

It's slowly, and I mean slowly starting to wain, still got the cough, still got the streaming nose but the head pressure and lethargy is gone.

monkfromhavana

Thought I'd update you all on my illness, as I know you are all wondering. After 4 working days off and a weekend I am still as ill as before and now my left ear is blocked up.

bgmnts

Caving and ringing the doctors tomorrow after my negative covid test 6 days of relentlessly ticklish throat and cough.

They will say its either fat (nah), asthma (nope) or acid reflux (nope). And I'm going to be none the wiser.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: bgmnts on October 19, 2021, 07:28:10 PM
Caving and ringing the doctors tomorrow after my negative covid test 6 days of relentlessly ticklish throat and cough.

They will say its either fat (nah), asthma (nope) or acid reflux (nope). And I'm going to be none the wiser.

After donning my doctor's hat and having a bit of a look through Google, I think it's sinusitis. My left ear is now also blocked, very similar to how it feels when you're coming in to land onboard a plane.

I'm a goner.

Glebe

Cuellar

Quote from: bgmnts on October 19, 2021, 07:28:10 PM

I've had a tickly cough for a couple of weeks but it has started to abate over the past few days. At its peak it woke me up at about 1am for a coughing fit. Plenty of negative tests in that time. It's pretty much gone now, back to normal. So that's a good news tickly cough story for you.