Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:05:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Growing Old Gracefully

Started by Reverend Minge, March 01, 2004, 03:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elderford

QuoteReally? A bit fast for that, isn't it?

Perhaps it just sounds faster for babies as their ears are closer together and not very big?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "mook"Oooh Sheepy, I guess my post about 'ol Brummie Steve was a touch heavy handed.
Not really, I wasn't offended, just a bit puzzled.

I really do sit on the fence with this one.  I've seen "Brummie Steve"s myself, and on one hand I think "yeah, sad old bastard", but on the other hand I think "Why shouldn't he?  If that's the way he's always looked since he was 25, why the hell should he suddenly change at age 50 or something just because he's been on the planet a bit longer than the rest of us?"  A bit like a fashion-ista's Logan's Run - at 50 you get all your jewellery and casual clothes removed to be replaced by pipe, cardy and slippers?

I think people who *suddenly* go out and do all that in their 50s are a different matter...although you could even argue that with various committments behind them they now feel free to express their true personalities, I dunno.

Quoteit's the whole hiding a forehead as bald as Buddha's belly under a beret that makes me chuckle.
It may be hiding...or it may just be cold.  A lot of heat-loss is through the head, y'know.  And it's not as if they can help it.  (I speak on this issue as someone with no axe to grind; I'm showing very little sign of losing mine, and my Dad still has a full head of hair at 86.)

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "elderford"Perhaps it just sounds faster for babies as their ears are closer together and not very big?
:-)

Gazeuse

Quote from: "butnut"OK. Sorry.

OK ye olde whores - do hangovers get worse at the same rate as you get old? Mine are much worse than they were when I was in my early 20s. By the time I'm in my 30s will they be even worse?

I have the same to report as the others. I had no problem with hangovers until my mid twenties when they started getting painful. They then got a lot better from 30 onwards. I'm guessing too that you get to know your limits as you get older.

mook

Quote from: "Gazeuse"[They then got a lot better from 30 onwards. I'm guessing too that you get to know your limits as you get older.

I don't know about this getting older and getting wiser stuff. I'd happily trade my teenage light and lager hangovers for the skull splitting red wine and single malts ones I get now.  Thank fuck for guinness it's the only thing in the world I can get mullah'd on without feeling like I've had a stroke in the morning.