Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:12:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Did Japan deserve the H-bomb?

Started by Chedney Honks, October 16, 2021, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Please don't take this as a serious threat but I'd love one of them for my neighbour's grandkids.

buzby

Quote from: All Surrogate on October 17, 2021, 12:42:45 PM
A possibly controversial question: does the fact that Japan was the victim of nuclear weapons mean that japanese culture/society/whatever hasn't confronted properly the crimes committed by the japanese military during the Second World War?
This is a sample size of one, but a couple of months ago I watched a video of a Japanese comedian reacting to a 'brief history of Japan' video. All was going well up until the period around WW2, which he just skipped straight over with barely a comment.

I also watched one of Chris Broad's Abroad In Japan videos where he visited Aizu-Wakamatsu and mentioned (but didn't show) the monuments to the Byakkotai child warriors who committed suicide there that were donated by the Nazis and Mussolini which are still proudly displayed at the temple.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on October 18, 2021, 11:06:56 AM
There's a gap in the market for quite small tactical thermonuclear weapons, such as one with a blast radius of 3 feet.  I had this idea while watching BattleBots which is American Robot Wars.  It'd just totally cunt anything.
You could do the same thing without the radiation hazard using an EMP weapon, which is why they are specifically banned in the rulebooks. Many years ago, when Robot Wars had just started, me and a could of the other grads in work brainstormed a possible robot design. Being electronic engineers, an EMP weapon was one of the first idea we had.

idunnosomename

imagine your town being obliterated by little boy being dropped from Enola Gay

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 18, 2021, 01:46:56 PM
imagine your town being obliterated by little boy being dropped from Enola Gay