Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:49:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cookd and Bombd is a far-left hate group. CHANGE MY MIND

Started by Vyvian Withnail, October 16, 2021, 11:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Hahhahhhh.  I bloody love it.

QuoteThe green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.

A lumberjack said that.

Jittlebags

Russia knows a thing or two about dissent. They don't bother with 'terrorist', they go for the infinitely more sinister and easy to apply 'foreign agent'. A single coat of that, and you're good to go.

Twit 2

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2021, 10:26:17 AM
A lumberjack said that.[nb]He never stopped staying that.[/nb]

Just before he got brained by a widow-making oak branch.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: phantom_power on October 18, 2021, 10:10:46 AM
It shows how fucked general political discourse is nowadays that basic left wing policies like nationalisation and taxing rich people is seen as "hard left" these days. Can any of these dipshits point to a policy from the 2019 manifesto that is "hard" or "extreme" or anything Corbyn has said, aside the tired anti-Semitism or terrorist-supporter stuff, that is "hard" or "extreme"

Nah if Vyvian is a real poster (they aren't) then they would realise CaB isn't particularly "left-wing" in the fundamental sense of the word there is scarcely a conversation about actual leftwing politics; like Marxism or social policies like nationalisation; left-wingism is inherently pragmatic in it's thinking not much of that goes on here.

I suspect if Vyvian is Milverton then he knows this; it's all about using the reactionary anger-based-id pol obsessed culture war stuff to label the pragmatic stuff on the left as the "hard-left" or "authoritarian-left".  They know that left-wing social policies are actually growing in popularity so if they can keep going on about id-pol and getting the usual reaction they can just highlight the often hypocritical and unfeasible aspects of this movement as evidence of the rotten core of the left.

Communism is the scary word used here because of the work done on creating the idea that communism is to take your liberties away and remove individuality; this has been twinned with cultural marxism as a way of linking a form of government (even though Marxist-Communism is ideologically without government) which is expressed through oppressive cultural modes of social control (Peterson etc...). 

The commies aren't just under your bed anymore they are in your schools and universities making your kids turn gay!

Buelligan

Pink Gregory

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 18, 2021, 09:43:36 AM
I like a planned economy but I couldn't eat a whole one

I will never, ever not find this joke template funny

pancreas

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2021, 10:37:25 AM
Still, Harold Pinter, eh?  Great bunch of lads.

He would have given zero fucks about the board of deputies, I conjecture.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Twit 2 on October 18, 2021, 10:23:12 AM
You're just a reed. A reed in the wind. ;)

I see your "Pintery Firth" and I raise you a  "Lynchian Herbert Sting"

https://youtu.be/2-ze1uMtFVE

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on October 18, 2021, 11:36:10 AM
He would have given zero fucks about the board of deputies, I conjecture.

It seems you are correct.  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/05/israel1

The final paragraph being pretty interesting for an article written fourteen years ago.

pancreas

Ha. Imagine the Guardian publishing that today. [Narrator: it wouldn't.]

Buelligan

Absolutely.  If only people had been a little more forthright about all of this before most of these cunts turned up.  Makes one muse upon exactly what fucking kettle of fish we'll be bathing in in another fourteen years.  Horrific thought.

But here we are right now with Ella Rose accepted for grooming as a future Labour parliamentary candidate by Keith's new regime.  Watch her here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6t01PHaLA

https://labourlist.org/2021/10/labour-reveals-results-of-future-candidates-programme-to-applicants/

KennyMonster

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2021, 11:42:07 AM
It seems you are correct.  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/05/israel1

The final paragraph being pretty interesting for an article written fourteen years ago.

Oh yeah Pinter was good on this for sure, his Nobel Prize acceptance speech didn't pull any punches on his views on American foreign policy if I recall correctly.

I wonder If Tracey Ann Oberman realised this though, she was in the cast at The Harold Pinter Theatre in 2019 (maybe 2018?) performing in Pinter plays, quite possibly in the restaurant one linked to there.   

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 18, 2021, 11:34:32 AM
I will never, ever not find this joke template funny

I like not ever finding that joke template funny, but I couldn't eat a whole one

Johnny Foreigner

LNER are shit. Worst train company I've travelled on in years. Please reprivatise.

KennyMonster

Quote from: gib on October 18, 2021, 12:15:09 PM
Adam Curtis isn't left wing.

Oh Christ no,

He lied about "the left" in order to promote his latest piece of hackery.

Kankurette

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 18, 2021, 10:32:55 AMCommunism is the scary word used here because of the work done on creating the idea that communism is to take your liberties away and remove individuality
The irony being that that's exactly what the current government are doing. But then it's the same logic used by people who are pro-capital punishment but anti-sharia law, I guess? It's OK when 'your' side does it.