Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,477
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

eating leftover pizza

Started by Midas, October 17, 2021, 11:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

to cut a long story short, i'm probably going to end up shitting myself to death tomorrow.

desperately seeking a few top tips to prevent the worst, or at least make it as pleasurable as possible.

Midas

i knew it hadn't been refrigerated. i fuckin KNEW.

mothman

Fridge straight away, eat for breakfast. Anything else is madness... as you're finding out.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

a) stop eating the pizza

b) enjoy the massive clear-out of your bowels later tonight/this morning

Midas

thenoise

There are worse ways to go.

Can't think of any right this minute, but I'm sure there must be.

Icehaven

Midas

it was a little veggie pizza with butternut squash and blue cheese

Midas

in its leftover form you couldn't really recognise the toppings, it was just clusters of sodden veg sitting atop a congealed mass of cheese in varying states of rancidity

sickened by how tasty i found it

chveik

The Crumb

Cram a dozen rice cakes down each end, should keep things tight.

Cloud

Zap it in the microwave until it's bubbling and it'll be fiiiiine

Dex Sawash

mook taught us to reheat leftover pizza in a frying pan. Gamechanger.
Pizza left on the counter is fine like it is and ready to eat.

katzenjammer

Yes, put it in a heavy frying pan with a few drops of water for five minutes on medium heat with a lid on.

monkfromhavana

Eat some malt loaf, that'll sort you out.

imitationleather

I've done this loads of times and haven't shat myself to death once.

H-O-W-L

I've eaten some right shit in my time, and some truly cardboard pizzas, but fucking hell I cannot imagine eating pizza that's been left out for a single hour let alone several. Can't finish it? Fridge it. Cut it up like you're hiding a mobster's body if you have to, just do not let that fucker stay at room temperature, and for fuck's sake do not eat it at room temperature -- that shit's like devouring a slice of the devil's bum after he's had the same trots you'll be having if you let it sit at room temp.

madhair60

Chedney Honks

Sainsbury got these poncey looking ones by Crosta & Mollica which look shit as from the box but they're delicious. The Stromboli is my favourite, some salami with crumbled pepperoni and the dough is really nice.

My opinion is you'll never eat better supermarket pizze.

The Mollusk

The heat from the oven softens it back up nicely. If you can't manage this then you're probably using your fucking oven wrong. Literally nothing more to be said on the subject.

JamesTC

I have a local which does sweet and sour pizza. No pizza can match one with that sauce.

thenoise

Quote from: Midas on October 18, 2021, 12:36:22 AM
it was a little veggie pizza with butternut squash and blue cheese

Was it mozzarella when it was fresh?

Midas

:)

think i might have got away with this

Dex Sawash

flotemysost

Yeah, cold next-day pizza is one of life's pure unadulterated joys. Blue cheese might be a bit iffy, but I don't think that's changed by heating it up, it's just one of those foods that can occasionally go rogue as it's made of mould (you're not meant to eat it if you're pregnant, which is normally a bit of a red flag for stuff that can fuck you right up).

As discussed on here before, if you want to lose weight fast then cold leftover rice is the way to go.

mrClaypole

Left over Chinese sweet and sour chicken balls are my downfall.  I struggle to eat 12 of them in one sitting.  So I sometimes find myself getting up really early and finishing the remainder of them. I don't even reheat them. Just eat them slimy and cold...lovely

Quote from: imitationleather on October 18, 2021, 11:08:58 AM
I've done this loads of times and haven't shat myself to death once.

Me too. Unless your kitchen is ridiculously humid, looks like something off How Clean Is Your House, or you've got animals running about and shitting all over the place, you'll be fiiiiine.

markburgle

Most surprisingly enjoyable breakfast snack I had was the batter off some cod. I was peeling it off to give the fish to the cat, thought "sod it", and had a nibble. It was chewy, vinegary, subtly fishy, and brilliant

Midas

don't worry, i didn't shit myself to death in the end, so moving forward i'll be leaving ALL my pizza out at room temperature for six hours (at least) before consuming.