Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where is the text below your avatar from?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 18, 2021, 12:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Mine is from an advert for mushrooms from the 1980s, where animated mushrooms tell us to slice up their fellow mushrooms and "pep up a pizza".

Where is yours from?

Chedney Honks

Mine is just a list of all the people who inspired me over the years

Buelligan

From the heart.  Saw it sprayed on a STOP sign and thought, (almost) the whole of humanity should read it and be encouraged by it, so I thought I'd spread its message where I could.

My previous was the only survivor of the National Peoples' Gang but it felt too sad after something happened.

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

imitationleather

Commentary from Clive Tyldesley during the Euro 2016 opening ceremony.

Dex Sawash

Inside the spare tire well of a 1985 Volvo 850

Icehaven

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 18, 2021, 12:00:53 PM
Mine is from an advert for mushrooms from the 1980s, where animated mushrooms tell us to slice up their fellow mushrooms and "pep up a pizza".

I remember that advert. Had legions of identical animated mushrooms marching along insisting we eat them, it was nightmarish.

Mine's from a BJ Novak short story. Wasn't even a particularly great story, it's just the line on it's own makes me laugh.

pancreas

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2021, 12:05:20 PM
From the heart.  Saw it sprayed on a STOP sign and thought, (almost) the whole of humanity should read it and be encouraged by it, so I thought I'd spread its message where I could.

My previous was the only survivor of the National Peoples' Gang but it felt too sad after something happened.

I thought you added it after Joey Bananaduck eliminated his own map. Mine is to remind people of that random GCSE biology fact that you learn about the pancreas without any context or detail whatsoever.

monkfromhavana

Altern 8

Keep meaning to change it to something else, but always forget.

The Mollusk

ZURICHLIFE.IE because Viper Higgins is such an insanely quotable and funny guy

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Mine is from some useful, constructive criticism that dear old Plankton Sideburns gave me. Wanted to thank him for giving these inspirational words 'neath my picture ( they make a change from quotes from that actor lady), but when I tried to write him a " nice words, cheers" msg., it transpired he'd blocked me :(
Will just have to use this post to say " Thank-o, Plank-O!"

Butchers Blind

H-O-W-L

This fantastic piece of art. The way he screams it will never not tickle me. Just rewatching it as I post this will have me quoting it under my breath for a few hours.

Famous Mortimer

batwings

It's a personal ad I've always wanted to put in a newspaper classifieds section but couldn't be arsed.

Johnny Foreigner

JesusAndYourBush

I was in a JPop chatroom and there was an online vote to choose someone to do a concert in their country and the choice was between Yoshizawa Hitomi and Fujimoto Miki (they wanted everyone to choose Miki).  The site was all in Thai and machine translation was in its infancy and when I translated some of the text on the page that was what I got.

Norton Canes

Uffie's banging

(in a mildly NSFW way)

Alberon

A line from Jungle Bill by Yello.

Also, it's literally true about me. Literally.

Thomas

In his deeply heart-rending capital punishment doc Into the Abyss, Herzog demands of a teary prison chaplain: 'please describe an encounter with a squirrel'.

Pink Gregory

just from Look Around You innit; also me and Lady Gregory just scream 'egg' at each other all, but not in a Histor and Pliny way.

non capisco

My favourite of Ignatius Reilly's laments from 'A Confederacy Of Dunces'.

Glebe

canadagoose

Paul Calf

It's not exactly obscure so I won't patronise anyone by stating the obvious.

Rizla

Crocodile Dundee 2 dialogue that should have been.