Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:38:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where is the text below your avatar from?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 18, 2021, 12:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Only just remembered I can do this so I have added a quote from the scene the gif is from.

chveik

Consignia

MojoJojo

Mine is an obscure clue to location of my previous office. And I now work from home all the time, so will probably never do another clue. My last office was next to the Cavendish laboratory, so I was going to do something about bananas.

The clue for the office before that was "Overlooked by Napoleon the Third". That's petty easy if you know it's a clue to a location.

No one has ever guessed (or cared in the slightest).

samadriel

Dex Sawash

[tag]  Custom titties for silver and gold members [/tag]

Mr_Simnock

Got it from talking to some bloke called Michael A Grammar

Tony Tony Tony

Took it (amended) from a plaque on the bench in Hammersmith erected as a tribute to Rik Mayall. It's the spot where he punches Ade Edmonson in the nads in the opening credits for Bottom.

Mister Six

My current one, "Feeling like Lemon Ken", is a deliberate mishearing of Elton John's weird pronunciation of "feeling like a little kid" from his numb-tongued rendition of "I'm Still Standing" during Lady Gaga's Covid music event. Comes from this great video by CaB's PlanktonSideburns.

Before that it was "Ridiculously teacakes", which I think was a typo that I made at some point.

And before that, it was "Half-masted, bass-boosted, slingbacked" from the track "Fully Retractable" on the Soul Coughing album El Oso, the cover for which was snipped up to make my current avatar.

Twit 2

AllisonSays

Ulysses, the Stephen Dedalus section near the start where he's teaching some schoolkids and then needs to get paid by his pompous boss who's written a letter for the newspaper about the prevention of disease in cattle or something equally dull.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Because I'm your sleep paralysis demon. Now sleep, cunt. I'll see you later.

earl_sleek

It's a sample used in 'Best Foot Forward' off Entroducing by DJ Shadow.

Bronzy

Should be pretty self-explanatory, really. And to this day, not one single fucking ticket has been sold! Truly, I am in the wrong line of work.

Catalogue of ills

A sample (originally from Sesame Street) from Aquarius by Boards of Canada. I get obsessed by that sample and two others from the same track (both of people saying "orange") in a way that I just don't comprehend.

bigfatheart

It's the punchline to a bit from the fifth season of NewsRadio. I've no interest in revisiting the perfunctory and depressing final season of one of my favourite shows, but I did really like that bit, so I put it there to make sure I remembered it existed.

Brundle-Fly

mothman

Well, this is embarrassing. I wish I had some great story about why I chose this, but I really can't remember why I did. It has no meaning to me at all beyond what it says. Genuinely, seriously... I don't know why.

gmoney

It's from Neil Hamburger's excellent "Jug Town"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo_gCkVmBQo&ab_channel=DragCity

I probably should change it, I don't drink any more.

Icehaven

Quote from: batwings on October 18, 2021, 12:49:24 PM
It's a personal ad I've always wanted to put in a newspaper classifieds section but couldn't be arsed.

I love it.

JesusAndYourBush

easytarget

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I want the science eel to come on here and tell us where his avatar text is from.

v00n

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on October 19, 2021, 12:36:29 AM
It was Suzi Quatro!

Agatha Christie gives serious reconsideration to the ending of " The Mousetrap".

KennyMonster

Mine was from one of the 'thoughts to consider' given at the end of each episode of the "Welcome to Nightvale" podcast.

Technically I haven't got an avatar though[nb]woe is me etc.[/nb].