Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:45:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where is the text below your avatar from?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 18, 2021, 12:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiderChrist

Ornlu

buzby

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 18, 2021, 12:12:13 PM
Inside the spare tire well of a 1985 Volvo 850
"Jacking points" (I drive a Volvo).
Can't have been an 850 though, as they were only intoduced in 1991. A 240 or 740?

amateur

Retinend

It's a quote from the main character in this documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLPA7wRRNj4 - the first line spoken in the film

(well, I was asked)

Cottonon

Hank Kingsley's note to the horn players (I think) when rehearsing his version of Spinning Wheel in Larry Sanders S02E05.

Cerys

Somebody, possibly The Midnight Watch Baboon, came up with 'Cyber Engineered Rabid Yakking System' several years ago, which I adopted.  Since then the 'rabid' has changed to 'ravaged', but I have no idea why or how.  I didn't do it.  I bamlem Neil.

zomgmouse

just changed it to an old one-liner of mine

buttgammon

15 Storeys High, specifically Vince's advice to Errol when he mistakenly thinks he's about to go on holiday to Finland.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: buzby on October 19, 2021, 09:36:30 AM
"Jacking points" (I drive a Volvo).
Can't have been an 850 though, as they were only intoduced in 1991. A 240 or 740?

1995 is correct, I mis-typed.

Twonty Gostelow

Johnny Yesno

George Oscar Bluth II

It's a reference to the karma system we used to have on here with some comedy numbers

Retinend

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 20, 2021, 06:58:25 AM
It's a reference to the karma system we used to have on here with some comedy numbers

ah, the good old days

Spoiler alert
actually, it was completely shit and made the forum way more stressful to use than it should have been - coincidentally, it made it much more like using Twitter
[close]

gilbertharding

1970s advertising slogan for Pepsi Cola. Obviously.

Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin' goodbuzzin' cooltalkin' highwalkin' fastlivin' evergivin' coolfizzin' GilbertHardin'

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Oh, just something [banned poster] called me during a calm and reasonable debate

non capisco

Changed mine back to a line from top 10 greatest living lyricist and unfortunate David Cameron lookalike Joe Casey from the wonderful band Protomartyr, from their second best song 'A Private Understanding'.

Inspector Norse

Mine is a quote from everyone's favourite talentless ladder-climbing bullying arselicker Tom Wambsgans.

Coincidentally my previous effort was a slightly altered quote from everyone's least favourite talentless ladder-climbing bullying arselicker Michael Gove.

Fronty Prongs

The apex of the Two Ronnies 'Ponting Punting' sketch, which I used to recite under my breath at work to pass the time. Given the sketch is roughly four minutes long, this didn't really help.

"I don't care if you're panting for Ponting of Ponting Punting! By keeping carping and blaming your flaming flim-flamming on our failing filing, you're heading for a hiding, Starling old darling!"

Replies From View

Monty Python's Meaning of Life.  Always loved that scene, especially those words and the scenario they manage to convey.

The words above my avatar are from a psychology text book I read.  A child with autism is described as communicating that gargoyles have milk bags.  Snatching it was a no-brainer.

Edit:  sorry - only once I'd posted this could I see that above and below are the other way around.