Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:18:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gary Barlow wine.

Started by Fr.Bigley, October 18, 2021, 04:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Chollis on October 18, 2021, 05:36:55 PM
see what he's done there with the GNs, very clever

Is there no end to this man's talent?

I feckin well hope so.

Magnum Valentino

Youse are wrong - Graham Norton is good.

Not the other cunt but, fuck him.

ProvanFan

I prefer a nice warm pint of Lee from 911 stout

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on October 18, 2021, 04:21:53 PM
It Only Takes a Minute, to poor it down the drain.

It only takes a Pinot girl
To Châteauneuf
To Châteauneuf

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on October 18, 2021, 04:19:28 PM

It explains a lot about his output if he can't get through a songwriting session without swilling three bottles of red.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: checkoutgirl on October 18, 2021, 05:52:45 PM
It only takes a Pinot girl Minervois
To Châteauneuf
To Châteauneuf

Tony Tony Tony

The estate of Jeff Buckley are missing a trick here...

https://youtu.be/5PC68rEfF-o

TrenterPercenter

ProvanFan

He'll always be fat on the inside.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 18, 2021, 04:37:07 PM
I know the following are either genuinely decent, or supposed to be genuinely decent:
Paul Newman's sauces
Dan Aykroyd's vodka
Francis Ford Coppola's wine (although there is a school of thought these days that he's a wine producer that makes films on the side)
Danny Devito's limoncello
Matthew Mcacconkonnohay's whisk(e?)y
George Clooney's tequila

Aside from Aykroyd who seems to know about the product he's hawking and Newman who did it for charity, aren't these just celebs finding an existing product and whacking their name on it for indiscerning plebs?

I doubt anyone stupid enough to buy bar room thug Conor McGregor's Proper Twelve whisky are informed enough to know it's just Bushmills with a different label and presumably higher price.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 18, 2021, 05:37:29 PM
I love wine and I love Gary Barlow so what's not to love about this

I can see it selling well for the 45 plus female Take That fan whose music discovery halted age 15, certainly for Christmas as a no thought stocking filler or visiting friends house wine.

Shit like this is notorious for selling for maybe a few months and fizzling out. Visiting two vineyards and agreeing a percentage of the profits is easier than working.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 18, 2021, 04:37:07 PM
I know the following are either genuinely decent, or supposed to be genuinely decent:
Paul Newman's sauces
Dan Aykroyd's vodka
Francis Ford Coppola's wine (although there is a school of thought these days that he's a wine producer that makes films on the side)
Danny Devito's limoncello
Matthew Mcacconkonnohay's whisk(e?)y
George Clooney's tequila

I know Aviation gin is also thought of very very highly amongst gin aficionados and is accepted as the very best American gin you can get (not being a gin drinker I have no idea whether that's damning with faint praise or not) and it's seen as a Ryan Reynolds gig, but it had been around for years before he just invested in it so it probs doesn't belong here.

Sam Neill and Andrea Pirlo are two slebs who are serious winemakers; no idea if their output is good (one kind of assumes Pirlo's is but then again he seemed like he'd make a good coach too).

Fambo Number Mive

If I was a celebrity I'd have my own range of loo roll.

"I love wiping my arse with this specially designed loo roll, and now you can too"

SpiderChrist

Take all these cunts, all these fucking wastes of flesh and organs, put them on a rocket and fire them into the sun.

ProvanFan

I'll have a Bad Boys Inc and coke, please.

Glebe

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on October 18, 2021, 04:19:28 PM

This crazy world just keeps on giving us CaB memes, ripe for the pickin'.

pigamus

Quote from: SpiderChrist on October 18, 2021, 06:34:53 PM
Take all these cunts, all these fucking wastes of flesh and organs, put them on a rocket and fire them into the sun.

Bible author considers rewrite

shiftwork2

This is red wine.  It is in a glass.  Do you like my pen?  Overhead, a swallow titters.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2021, 04:19:41 PM

Piling horror upon horror...

Love to see this shopped so he's inserting what bottle somewhere.

imitationleather

I think you guys should do less whining, and more wining!!

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: checkoutgirl on October 18, 2021, 06:03:55 PM
Aside from Aykroyd who seems to know about the product he's hawking and Newman who did it for charity, aren't these just celebs finding an existing product and whacking their name on it for indiscerning plebs?

I doubt anyone stupid enough to buy bar room thug Conor McGregor's Proper Twelve whisky are informed enough to know it's just Bushmills with a different label and presumably higher price.

No doubt they had help from others, but as far as I know they were all involved in the creative process - Newman used his own family recipes (at least for the original line), Coppola does all the selecting and growing (or at least used to), Clooney and a couple of mates came up with tequilas they liked for themselves which happened to be popular with others, Devito is a BIG limoncello drinker and made his own (pretty sure it's a slightly weaker version of his backyard moonshine), Mcccccconnohaaaaaaaaaaayy took what he learnt from being on the board at Wild Turkey and created his own whisky.  That's why I separated out Aviation gin as Ryan Reynolds is only a financial investor.

imitationleather

Barry Norman never bought pickled onions. He didn't need to.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: imitationleather on October 18, 2021, 07:08:35 PM
Barry Norman never bought pickled onions. He didn't need to.

Nor shallots (which I prefer over the dunnions).

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2021, 04:19:41 PM

Piling horror upon horror...

Looking at Cliff, can we be sure that's not wine but Elixir of Youth?

Buelligan

Yes.  Yes, I think we can.

poodlefaker

WTF is Cliffy Bastard wearing there? Looks like a sort of wooly t-shirt over the top of his blouse, maybe a "tank" "top"?

Fair play to Norton though, he has the face of a man who enjoys a couple of bottles of Chablis of an evening, on his own, shouting at Alan Carr on the telly.

pigamus

Never mind what he's wearing, what the fuck has he got on his head? Last time I saw that it was being offered to Mr Carnegie out of a biscuit tin.