Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,467
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:57:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What the heck are Masons?

Started by Cloud, October 18, 2021, 10:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: imitationleather on October 22, 2021, 01:26:44 AM
Ad I just had on Facebook:

If they're trying to recruit the likes of me they must be seriously on their arses.

I was always under the impression you had to be invited to join.  Either I'm wrong (entirely possible) or they're desperate for new members (also entirely possible).

Quote from: monkfromhavana on October 22, 2021, 08:14:20 AM
Do they let black people or muslims become masons?

Black people (men) definitely yes, muslims I'm not sure.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 19, 2021, 04:04:31 PM
I've done work (in a professional sense through my own job) in the past with the Bath rotary club, and know a couple of members of our local one (Midsomer Norton) and, though still largely made up of old white men, they do have women members, volunteers and presidents, and they're not some "secret" mystic order with grand wizard pretence.  Both the Bath and Midsomer Norton ones describe themselves, independently of each other, as being more like the WI.  Their main remit is local charitable and community stuff, and "doing good" in the usual places overseas (parts of Africa, India etc).

Note the above is specific to the two clubs mentioned.

Yeah, I've had some (very vague, impersonal) contact with the, or a, rotary club in Stockholm through work as they donated a bit of cash to some cultural/educational outreach projects in exchange for nothing more than a nod of thanks at an event or two.
Seemed to be some well-to-do people (it was a middle-aged woman rather than a doddery old buffer who was our contact) who wanted to do noble charitable deeds, in which case fair play to them, though for all I know their actual meetings could be depraved opulent occult bacchanals, in which case fair play to them.

olliebean

Only if they're One Of The Good Ones.

Tony Tony Tony

Very much so yes they do.

At my lodge there were several other faiths than Christians initiated. The only difference to the ritual being that during your initiation and subsequent raisings you lay hands on a bible. For different faiths the holy book for that particular group was used instead.

As for Facebook suddenly sending ads for joining up, reckon that says more about how Marky Z has got his claws into your computer and sucking up info about your posts on here.

Getting many ads about phimosis cures?

Paul Calf

Skilfully diverting the discourse, eh Tone?