Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:44:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where Is Your CaB Name from?

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, October 19, 2021, 07:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden E. Pump

Mine is the name I gave to my extroverted side when I was seventeen and listened to "too much" Funkadelic, and I just retained its usage for numerous things. Thank you for tuning in to this latest episode of Ridiculous But True.

idunnosomename

Quote from: SpiderChrist on October 19, 2021, 09:28:22 AM
I had a Spiderman keyring, one of them weird knitted things. When Spiderman fell off the key ring, he looked like he was assuming the crucifixion position and so became SpiderChrist.

well glad to know. i always wondered if you got it from the Cryptopsy song Benedictine Convulsions from None So Vile.

QuoteAn ominous disembowelment...
The soothsayer is blinded, such is fate;
Abomination to damn the eyes...
For the righteous, a test of faith

"We thank thee lord, for this tribulation
We sing thy praises without end;
No matter how rabid the oppressor
We shall not fail thee, though we pray for
Strength."

Ensnared in the web of the unjesus
The once-sacrosanct abbey is besieged
With the braying of the nightgoat
Benedictine friars convulse

Infernal visions flay their souls
As their bodies contort and writhe...
Capricornus nocturnum haunts them
From their torment springs its delight

Impaled on one of its many legs
A bug-eyed Mary gapes on in horror
As her only son is chewed to bits
By Spiderchrist... She is flecked with gore

Caprine morturion leads the bones
Of their departed brethren
In the abbey's catacombs;
When gargoyles vomit blood
The defunct will ascend
To rend the mortal flesh
Of the brothers of the good word
And make victims of their guts

Those who are left
Of god bereft
Run amongst heads
Suspended by threads

Crosses up-ended
And frenzied bloodshed
For those who sought favour
From their saviour

"I am messiah"
The grand delusion
To hell-wracked things
Revelation

oh lord worm! where do you get your crazy ideas.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 21, 2021, 01:41:06 AM
Cryptopsy
Their "former members" list on Wikipedia makes them the death metal Fall.

timebug

Mine is from a small music group that I run. They are generically called 'Timebugs' so as the leader, I just dropped the plural and voila, Timebug lives. Sort of.

Inspector Norse

The Lurker

I lurked CaB for a long time before I actually set up an account. You probably could have worked that one for yourself but there you go.

dissolute ocelot

I am obsessed with stupidly-named animals, although at the time I thought an ocelot was some kind of cute fox-racoon, which it isn't, it's a middling cat thing with an unnaturally small head.

wosl

This bloke:

(I switched the last two letters around, because I didn't fancy taking a name that had been used in life and using it unaltered.)

Avril Lavigne

People would shout it at me in the street circa early 2000s.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on October 22, 2021, 09:29:14 PM

For the same reason, my username was nearly oh you can see the punchline coming from a fucking mile off

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on October 22, 2021, 09:29:14 PM

Not " Jenny Agutter" ?
Another chance for me to relate the bizarre shout of " Oi! Philip Schofield! Edd The Duck!" I got shouted at me on the mean streets of Sevenoak's, Kent, circa 2001.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 23, 2021, 06:27:07 AM
Not " Jenny Agutter" ?

I don't think the local cider-addled youths knew who she was. :) Other times they didn't even bother thinking of a celebrity and they'd just blandly reference something I was wearing e.g. "PINK TIE!"

PeterCornelius

Peter Cornelius is the rather seedy salesman character who pops up in The Shuttleworths radio series.

Enzo

A Belgian footballer. The one who had a foot like a traction engine.

Johnny Foreigner

Quote from: Enzo on October 23, 2021, 10:35:45 PM
A Belgian footballer. The one who had a foot like a traction engine.
I think I know whom you mean. I think he was Slovenian or something; not sure whether he's still alive. I mostly know him from an awful song that was on the radio around 1991 or thereabouts.

There was definitely a Belgian boy band called Enzo, some time in the nineties.

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on October 24, 2021, 02:22:50 AM
I think I know whom you mean. I think he was Slovenian or something; not sure whether he's still alive. I mostly know him from an awful song that was on the radio around 1991 or thereabouts.

There was definitely a Belgian boy band called Enzo, some time in the nineties.

Enzo Scifo, innit.

Parents were from Sicily, according to Wikipedia. Hadn't really occurred to me before that Enzo Scifo wasn't a very Belgian-sounding name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Scifo

Enzo

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on October 24, 2021, 02:22:50 AM

Was it this banger? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cHhAAhfs1Y

Dex Sawash

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

And is your profile picture actually you?

Johnny Foreigner

Dex Sawash

Kankurette

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on October 25, 2021, 12:10:27 AM
Enzo Scifo, innit.

Parents were from Sicily, according to Wikipedia. Hadn't really occurred to me before that Enzo Scifo wasn't a very Belgian-sounding name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Scifo
Neither is Thorgan Hazard. And yet.

The best clergyman ever, who IMHO was poorly treated by the church. 

canadagoose

Mine dates from my teenage years, when I needed a username that wasn't linked to my real life identity. I was obsessed with Canada at the time and used to stream Montreal's Mix 96 over the Internet (on 56k, so crap quality) after school. I don't know why I used it to sign up here. Just being lazy I guess.

Small Man Big Horse

IsavedLatin

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 19, 2021, 02:36:50 PM
Was lurking one day and decided to finally sign up to say something banal.

This was almost exactly my situation, and when put on the spot I trundled out a phrase pretty much at random from Wes Anderson's Rushmore, a film whose script is fairly well burnt into my brain. I still love Rushmore, but I think that's a dogshit handle. (I like your name, Ferris, FWIW.)

Quote from: non capisco on October 19, 2021, 11:18:04 AM
It's a shite username but when Nags changed his to The Mollusk and was saying I should change mine too I realised that I simply could not be arsed.

It's possible to change?! (However even the prospect of change is sending me into paroxysms of indecision, so maybe I too cannot be arsed.)

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: IsavedLatin on October 25, 2021, 11:56:14 PM
This was almost exactly my situation, and when put on the spot I trundled out a phrase pretty much at random from Wes Anderson's Rushmore, a film whose script is fairly well burnt into my brain. I still love Rushmore, but I think that's a dogshit handle. (I like your name, Ferris, FWIW.)

It's possible to change?! (However even the prospect of change is sending me into paroxysms of indecision, so maybe I too cannot be arsed.)

No, Nags' (and my) old account is still on here. Just make a new one. Only allowed if you have the sequence "ag" in there, though.

Jumblegraws

A teacher once called me "Grumblejaws", which I made my online handle for the better part of twenty years. When I joined CaB, I decided to change things up a bit by spoonerising it. It's kind of shit and I regret it slightly.