Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,345
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:08:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where Is Your CaB Name from?

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, October 19, 2021, 07:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Kankuro, the ninja puppeteer from Naruto (who was named after a real life Kabuki actor, apparently). He was my favourite Naruto character originally.

tookish

Mine's from (unsurprisingly) The Hobbit. It's also my surname with an 'ish' on the end. But I chose my own surname, so, yes.

buzby

I've worked in the telecoms industry for more years than I care to remember (though not for the GPO or BT).

Bigfella

Self-explanatory.  Actually, I'm not particularly tall or heavy.  Some people just seem to like calling me 'the big chap', 'big man' etc. You'd have to ask them. 

Butchers Blind

gilbertharding

I thought it would be funny to name myself after someone who was once very famous but now is virtually forgotten (I could just as easily have picked Simon Dee). Clearly I was wrong about that.

I also thought it would be funny to try to live up to the soubriquet 'the rudest man in England' - but I couldn't keep it up... and obviously being rude on the internet under a pseudonym will soon be illegal anyway.

zomgmouse

made a cartoon character when i was 12 or 13 and then made it my online username everywhere

greenman

Used in pre CaB a few times, had just watched that Albert Finney TV horror The Green Man in the late 90's on VHS when I first used it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elfDaFQ7OC0

non capisco

It was from when an ex was struggling to learn Italian and one of the only phrases that really stuck was appropriately "I don't understand." My old Beastie Boys in hardcore mode rip-off band also had a song called this. It's a shite username but when Nags changed his to The Mollusk and was saying I should change mine too I realised that I simply could not be arsed. I'm just used to the way it looks on the screen now, with Emilio Estevez underneath it. For good or ill, that's me on here.
It's no 'Morrison Lard' though, is it?

Magnum Valentino

Another mishearing - a lad said something I heard as Magnum Valentino during a bout of messing about n havin a daft laugh n that in the context of 'wrestling'.

It's a perfect wrestling name, so it became me online name. Been using it about 20 years now. When I first registered here I didn't intend on posting and signed up as 'magval' because I must have felt I didn't want to 'waste' my 'proper' online nickname on a forum I wasn't going to contribute to, but also hadn't the imagination to do anything other than shorten it. Hence my older posts as Magval (same avatar).

The movie rights to this post are still available.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 19, 2021, 09:28:59 AM
A mishearing due to FM radio recorded onto a low bitrate audio file, from back in the chilled.cream.org days, of a Blue Jam monologue where the author Will Self says "We are all Huxley's badkins" and vaults through a closed window.

I always thought it was 'babkins' too. Much funnier than 'badkins'.

Harry Badger

A bloke I used to work with used 'Harry Badger' in place of 'Joe Bloggs' ie a hypothetical person. That always tickled me.

chveik

french transliteration of Švejk (funny soldier character)

Mr Banlon

Gregory Torso

Shit pun on a beat poet. Like non capisco said upthread, I thought about changing it, actually did for a brief while, and then thought ah fuck it whatever.

Dex Sawash

Started to read some Švejk last year after searching for what is a chviek but the internet has ruined my follow through.

Icehaven

Title of a Dan Clowes book, which I only read a few times over a decade ago and can remember almost nothing about, other than Icehaven being the name of the town it's set in. No idea why I didn't capitalise it, slapdashery probably.

Auntie Beryl

23 seconds into this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9gQ3N2qv-k

This Bacardi ad used to play regularly before film screenings at university. Around that time I needed an alias for the campus BBS, and the best part of thirty years later it's still the screen name I use in most places. That's how little imagination I have.

shiftwork2

How come you're not Next Door's Budgie?

DrGreggles

Poobum

famethrowa

It's from a Pavement song, which maybe has the unfortunate effect of people thinking I'm a Pavement devotee. I just think it's a fun name.

Pic is Robert Fripp in my favourite piece of clothing, a good 80s big-shouldered white jacket. Can't beat em

Auntie Beryl

Quote from: shiftwork2 on October 19, 2021, 12:37:55 PM
How come you're not Next Door's Budgie?

Saving that for one of my sock accounts.

touchingcloth

Ferris

Was lurking one day and decided to finally sign up to say something banal.

Did so while stuck in traffic behind those cunts from Cirque du Soleil and their massive wagons (they used to operate a small circus near my old gaff) and a very weak... pun? is it even a pun? occurred to me that would do the job for right now.

I'm on the record as hating it and thinking it is shit, but I'm a bit stuck with it now.

Famous Mortimer

A minor character in "Mr Show", played onscreen...once?...by Paul F Tompkins in horse-riding garb.

Ferris

Slightly related - I ordered a coffee yesterday as I am wont to do, and at the hatch where you get your coffee the coffee person looked at me and said "Ferris? Large macchiato for Ferris?"

For a second I thought one of you cunts had phoned in an order to put the wind up me. Turns out there was a guy there called Ferris (who had ordered a macchiato) but it freaked my nut out.