Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:40:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can't believe this shit is *still* happening

Started by v00n, October 19, 2021, 07:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

v00n

Cannot search in this forum, blah blah fucking blah.

Paul Calf

KennyMonster

v00n

The Mollusk

Best way to search the forums is with this term on a search engine:

site:cookdandbombd.co.uk

followed by whatever you're searching for in quote marks, i.e. site:cookdandbombd.co.uk "wanking thread"

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 19, 2021, 09:11:56 AM

followed by whatever you're searching for in quote marks, i.e. site:cookdandbombd.co.uk "wanking thread"

Aye been doing that for years.

Could Barneil not add this as a sticky post? Would be quare and helpful.

gib

i don't think it makes any difference if you just search cookdandbombd "wanking thread"

not convinced the site: prefix does anything

idunnosomename

When i want the pic of Hans i just search for this picture cookd

touchingcloth

The native search function on the site works if you're using the Barry's Best Theme theme.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: gib on October 19, 2021, 11:56:05 AM
i don't think it makes any difference if you just search cookdandbombd "wanking thread"

lol, you don't need to include cookdandbombd in the search at all.

madhair60

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: gib on October 19, 2021, 11:56:05 AM

Of course it does, it limits the results to this website. Not that it's like someone would be talking ABOUT cookd and bombd and whatever your search term is, in conjuction, somewhere else.

It'll get better inner-post results that way. Titles are easy. the site: search more or less duplicates the interior-site search that doesn't actually work up at the top.

Just because it's my avatar, try searching "cookd and bombd john deacon" and then "site:cookdandbombd.co.uk john deacon" on Google and you'll see markedly different results (including, in the latter instance, the post I was actually looking for, namely the one in which I mention that it's my avatar).

A better example - searching for the site name and 'photosynthesis' gets 10 results if you do the site: method, and fucking nine MILLION if you do it your way, so-called gib.

JesusAndYourBush

I use inurl: rather than site: but only because when Google first introduced the ability to do it I found the former gave better results.  Years later that's probably not the case but I stuck with it.

Neil removed the search facility from the site because every time anyone made a search the site made a database and filled it with stuff and it made the site slower and filled up the webspace.   With a small modification It's probably possible to make the sites own searchbox automatically add "site:" and redirect the search to Google.

Chollis

gib

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on October 19, 2021, 12:02:55 PM
Of course it does, it limits the results to this website. Not that it's like someone would be talking ABOUT cookd and bombd and whatever your search term is, in conjuction, somewhere else.

It'll get better inner-post results that way. Titles are easy. the site: search more or less duplicates the interior-site search that doesn't actually work up at the top.

Just because it's my avatar, try searching "cookd and bombd john deacon" and then "site:cookdandbombd.co.uk john deacon" on Google and you'll see markedly different results (including, in the latter instance, the post I was actually looking for, namely the one in which I mention that it's my avatar).

A better example - searching for the site name and 'photosynthesis' gets 10 results if you do the site: method, and fucking nine MILLION if you do it your way, so-called gib.

you put spaces in cookd and bombd so this isn't a fair comparison

pancreas

Twonty Gostelow

site:cookdandbombd.co.uk mollusk "my fiancée"

2,727 results, fuck that.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on October 19, 2021, 12:02:55 PM

Unreliable. He was "Deacon John" on the first album.

Ferris

man knows.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on October 20, 2021, 12:40:04 AM
site:cookdandbombd.co.uk mollusk "my fiancée"

2,727 results, fuck that.

I got really annoyed about this but my fiancée told me to let it go. She's just good like that.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 20, 2021, 07:18:00 AM
I got really annoyed about this but my fiancée told me to let it go. She's just good like that.

👍   After I got married I enjoyed saying "my wife" to shop assistants and waitresses more than I needed to. Yes, you weren't expecting that, were you? Well it's too late now.

Fair play to them, they hid their heartbreak well.

Custard

The Google search works well. I just put "cook'd bomb'd" then whatever you're interested in.

Just, for example, "cook'd bomb'd willy stuck in hoover"