Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:17:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

History of the World Part II - Forthcoming Mel Brooks series

Started by steveh, October 19, 2021, 05:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveh

Hopeful for this:

Quote"History of the World, Part I" is finally getting a Part II, with Hulu ordering a variety series followup to the classic Mel Brooks comedy film, Variety has learned exclusively.

"History of the World, Part II" is described as a sequel to the 1981 film. The film was made up of segments set during different periods of world history. Among those was the Stone Age, Ancient Rome, and the French Revolution. Like most of Brooks' work, it also featured musical numbers, including one about the Spanish Inquisition and, of course, "Jews in Space."

Brooks is a writer and executive producer on the series along with Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes, Ike Barinholtz, David Stassen and Kevin Salter. There is no word yet on which world events the series will cover. Hulu has ordered eight episodes of the show. The writers room is beginning in October with production slated to begin in Spring 2022. Searchlight Television and 20th Television will produce.

"I can't wait to once more tell the real truth about all the phony baloney stories the world has been conned into believing are History!" Brooks said.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/history-of-the-world-part-ii-series-hulu-mel-brooks-nick-kroll-wanda-sykes-1235091840/

Alberon

I can't imagine he's going to have that much involvement in the series. The guy's 95 now.

Famous Mortimer

It's been a very long time since Brooks made anything good, I think. Part 1 was among the weakest of his "classic" era, too, and I'm not sure anyone was clamoring for a sequel series? Ah, who knows.

But, the new people might be good. I like Barinholtz.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Alberon on October 19, 2021, 05:37:50 PM
I can't imagine he's going to have that much involvement in the series. The guy's 95 now.

Yeah, he may well have carked it before Spring 2022. Or even the end of this year. Plus, he ripped off that Jews In Space" bit from the film " Loose Shoes".

Well, that's my 12,001st post.

Earnest Sexpot

Always nice to see Brooks working, never nice to see Kroll working

Petey Pate

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 19, 2021, 05:38:05 PM
It's been a very long time since Brooks made anything good, I think. Part 1 was among the weakest of his "classic" era, too, and I'm not sure anyone was clamoring for a sequel series? Ah, who knows.

Brooks has basically been revisiting his past films in one form or another since the 1990s.  Difference is I've never heard anyone talk fondly of History of the World, Part 1, although it does have its moments

https://youtu.be/n0quUM-Nr2c

chveik

famethrowa

madhair60