Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:58:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Post- CaB Times

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, October 20, 2021, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Now, I've got s feeling that this issue has *deffo* been addressed before, but mine 12000th Post Thread and ensuing discussion thread, about people having cumulatively notched up 36 years on CaB and made 5 Gazillion posts and all that has got me to thinking; what will we do when this place comes to a close? When you realise that you've made your very last post, spent your very last minute,said for the very last time how snoggable you find that lady off the telly and films , when Neil, the lad himself, has said " that's it, I'm winding this place down now. Quite ironic really, when I think how often this place had wound me up, but there you go. Enjoy the very last twitches of the CaB, kids; that's yer lot."
A chilling thought, eh? I've only ever met a brace of the boys ( not) girls of CaB IRL ( three, if you include a great bunch of lads who last posted on 'ere about 10 years ago or something, former NOTBBC alumni who graciously gifted a copy of  " Catterick" on DVD when I first met him), but there's plenty of you I'd still like to see in yer actual flesh, and the thought of not being able to have online contact with y'all......Well, such a thought chills me to the core, tbh.
Just imagine, a world without CaB. No more memes of daft dogs, Roy Kinnear lookalikes with medium lunches, comely belly dancers, etc. No more endearingly esoteric , bumptious banter. No more incisive cut n thrust political debate. No more calling Glinehan all the nasty, intolerant feckers under the sun. No more bonding with a bunch of middle aged slapheads with phimosis and the occasional lady  folk you know in your brain, you know in your brain are cut from exactly the same cloth as you. No more chances to orchestrate pile ons, and to call someone who isnae quite your cup of tea all the cunts under the sun.

All of that.....gawn. Forever.

* shudder*

May the day of CaB fucking off never to return, be a long, long way off.

Don't y'awl agree?

Seriously, I personally would find it very difficult to adjust to, and cope with, a Post- CaB World.

Butchers Blind

Norton Canes

Just start again from the beginning.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 20, 2021, 10:40:32 AM
There's always Mumsnet.
Oh yeah, so there is, thanks.

Come to think of it, this place is a right load of old bollocks, really.

Dex Sawash

Tony Tony Tony

I will finally get a life. Probably.

Bigfella

I participate here because there are interesting opinions and funny remarks to be seen.  Sometimes the debates get a bit pseudo-intellectual, but at least there are honest attempts to see both sides to their bitter end.  Too often online it's just 'lol yeah wtf wow lol'.  Kids these days.

Fambo Number Mive

A world without CAB would be a world with much less laughter. Almost all of the laughs I do at online content relate to content from this forum.

I love this forum, and I hope it never goes. This forum is head and shoulders above any other forum out there.

imitationleather

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 20, 2021, 12:40:40 PMThis forum is head and shoulders above any other forum out there.

Ironically, the last thing people on here need is Head and Shoulders!!!!

mothman

Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.

Who where the original players on CAB?  Any meltdowns/incidents?

mothman

The "Naming nimmy fucking names" thread was pretty apocalyptic.

QDRPHNC

Seems a good place to ask - where's kittens?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 20, 2021, 08:04:35 PM
Seems a good place to ask - where's kittens?

That cunt dead yet?

Twit 2

bomb_dog

"I bet you're all loving this on the.... Oh."

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Emma Raducanu

Guess he ran away with blodwyn. I miss those guys.

Pink Gregory

got an emergency circumcision and has all his hair.

"without the phimosis I just felt like I didn't fit any more"

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: mothman on October 20, 2021, 07:37:07 PMOverhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.

*applause*

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 20, 2021, 09:05:05 PMEh? Is that a gag? He didn't, did he?

No, he's not banned.

Top tip: if you search for a user using this form here, they won't show up if they're banned.  kittens shows up, ergo he's not banned.  AFAIK, anyway.

imitationleather

He somehow got too bald to post on here anymore.

thenoise

Probably all migrate to that other place (don't tell you know who about it, they'll only ruin it like they did CAB).

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on October 20, 2021, 11:19:08 AM
I will finally get a life. Probably.

Is messing about on CaB all day a symptom of me having no life, or a cause of it?

Chollis

Quote from: thenoise on October 21, 2021, 02:37:17 PM
Probably all migrate to that other place (don't tell you know who about it, they'll only ruin it like they did CAB).

oh yeah? where's that then?

madhair60

Sad to report Kittens has died in a bicycle accident. I have video footage of it but it's pretty grim

thenoise

Quote from: madhair60 on October 21, 2021, 03:54:57 PM
Sad to report Kittens has died in a bicycle accident. I have video footage of it but it's pretty funny

mothman

Quote from: imitationleather on October 21, 2021, 02:34:15 PM
He somehow got too bald to post on here anymore.

That's a pretty low bar.