Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:03:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeff Bezos mugging off William Shatner

Started by Custard, October 20, 2021, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

First time I'd heard about this, so apologies if it's been discussed before, but here's Bezos cutting off our sweet angle Bill as he was saying how amazing space travel is, with Limmy commentary

https://youtu.be/raYyKM9wQAc

I mean, that's just bloody rude isn't it? Shatner might be a bit of a blowhard, but he seemed to be really moved by it all and thought he was sharing a moment with Bezos, then not only gets cut off mercilessly, but then gets sprayed with the ol champers, despite being a recovering alcoholic. Everything about this makes me cringe myself inside out. Oof.

His little squashed confused face. Arggh. It's heartbreaking

Insanely rich man in being a bit of a thoughtless cunt shock!

bgmnts

Aye saw this this morning and didn't know if this was being reported as a news story or just Limmy noticing something funny.

It was quite funny though. I think it sums up the personality type of the rich quite well. Fuck knows if Shatner was about to say something pretentious or profound but just no interest on the part of Bezos. Pure robot human.

idunnosomename

Watching it live in the Shat in Space thread and it was funny how Shatner spoke nonsense at a clearly awkwardly uncomfortable Bezos for literally longer than the bloody flight

frajer

Also watched this morning and felt sympathy for ol' Shatner.

Nothing we didn't know of course, but Bezos is of clearly a weapons-grade cunt every second of his existence. Entitlement beyond the realm of belief and sociopathy on full display. Even when he hears the young women laughing behind him (enjoyment? Without me, Fearless Spaceman Jeff?) you can see Bezos looking over and itching to fuck Shatner off and bring the group focus back to him. Gimme that champagne, waaaaeyyyy!

chveik

shatner should have known he was participating in a whitewashing event. fuck him

QDRPHNC

"And as you lie here on your deathbed Mr. Shatner, do you have any regrets? Perhaps around the time you turned down the opportunity to be one of the tiny handful of humans who have actually travelled into space?"

"Not... at all. It was a white......... washing............. event..... [croak]"

chveik

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 20, 2021, 01:56:47 PM
"And as you lie here on your deathbed Mr. Shatner, do you have any regrets? Perhaps around the time you turned down the opportunity to be one of the tiny handful of humans who have actually travelled into space?"

"Not... at all. It was a white......... washing............. event..... [croak]"

he didn't actually travelled into space though

peanutbutter

Is Blue Origin gonna keep doing these gimmicks to try and build up good publicitiy until they accidentally strand a child in space or something?

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 20, 2021, 02:31:44 PM
Is Blue Origin gonna keep doing these gimmicks to try and build up good publicitiy until they accidentally strand a child in space or something?

"This is the one thing we didn't want to happen"

Twit 2

JesusAndYourBush

Limmy's not entirely being truthful.  It's only after Shatner had been talking for 5 minutes (and had begun to repeat himself a bit) that Limmy's video starts.

checkoutgirl

The rocket was very knob like I thought.

Shat gets in cock
To go to space
Loses face
In front of Bezace

Custard

When Shat gets a hug off the lady he seems happy that someone has remembered he exists. That was actually very nice of her, even though it was possibly her who was shouting in the background and spraying champagne in his face

I dunno, maybe there is more to it. Maybe Bezos had been listening to him go on for hours by that point, but it takes a very rude cunt to just turn your back, literally turn your back, like that on another human being as they're talking to you.

And Shat's deflated face will haunt me in my dreams. Proper walloper, that one

imitationleather

The Queen is only five years older than Shatner and she's just cancelled a trip to Northern Ireland because she's too knackered.

Until she's boring Jeff Bezos post-spacetrip she'll just never be someone I can truly respect.

Blumf

Reckon the Queen would be totally "Arsed, mate" after a flight in Bezos' space todger.

She'd be the one turning away from his waffling, probably to wring the neck of a swan.

Enzo

Bezos in his astronaut's outfit as well, even though he wasn't on this flight. Like John Terry at the champions league final.

Captain Z

Quite soon out of the capsule Shatner started comparing the blackness of space to feeling 'like death', and I sensed Benzos was already gritting his teeth and willing him to stay on-brand.

Custard

Hahaha, Bezos you cunt, the highlight of your life was just like DEATH

Glebe

Shatner is distraught. Bezos, you absolute MONSTER!

THE SHAT: Leaving the Earth's atmosphere, it was such a profound-

EMPATHIC HUMANOID BEZOS: -Yeah man, been there, done that. Champagne! Spray him with champagne!