Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump's latest egotistical idea - new social media platform

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 21, 2021, 08:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteFormer US President Donald Trump has announced plans to launch a new social media network, called TRUTH Social.

He said the platform would "stand up to the tyranny of big tech", accusing them of silencing opposing voices in the US...

Earlier this year, he launched From the Desk of Donald J Trump, which was often referred to as a blog.

The website was permanently shut down less than a month after it launched after attracting only a fraction of the audience he would have expected through established sites.

His senior aide Jason Miller said it was "just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on".

An early version of his latest venture, TRUTH Social, will be open to invited guests next month, and will have a "nationwide rollout" within the first three months of 2022, according to a statement by Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG)...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58990330

It will be interesting to see what effect this new social media site will have on social media sites that a lot of conservatives seem to use, going by Twitter a lot of conservatives have "also on telegram" or "also on parler" in their twitter bio.

Gary Barlow launching wine, Trump launching a new social media site...it's all go.

Alberon

Glindr for fascists?

I suppose it doesn't really matter how many others use it as long as the mainstream media report Trump's not-tweets on it.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

What, another one?

It'll die on its arse because lefties won't use it except to troll, and the righties who use it won't have anyone to pwn.

madhair60

The only social platform where I'd want to see livestreamed suicides

Paul Calf

It'll be another Epik-hosted silo for the far right to fester their bitterness and hatreds. It won't take over the world, but it's another brand to diversify their appeal.

Telegram, 8chan, 4chan and Parler haven't died. They're still there and still feeding the same monster.

ajsmith2

On looking up Epik, just saw it's founder has the surname Monster. Thought I was misreading a letter or two on first glance but no, it's Monster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Monster

Paul Calf

Yeah, I was quite suprised to discover that it wasn't a later-assumed name. I imagine a lifetime of bullying + nominative determinism via self-fulfilling prophecy probably sealed his fate as the cunt's cunt.

Pancake

Big Tech is the only really Trump even got anywhere near politics, or why the UK voted to leave the EU, you already know this why am I even saying it. It's the internet I've got to say something!

Butchers Blind

imitationleather

Paul Calf

imitationleather

Retinend

This is yuuuge

here comes the storm

no really, this is a massive development. The QAnoners are going to go wild over this.

edit: I am aware that some old-timers on here still don't know about Q-Anon: watch the amazing HBO documentary on it QAnon: Into The Storm by Cullen Hoback. ...Or this recent Vice coverage of the movement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYMIozCKxGE

Retinend

and yes, Telegram is buzzing with Trumpers, who will migrate in a heartbeat to a site that integrates the functionality and reliability of Twitter or Facebook

JamesTC

I'll build my own social media network. With blackjack. And hookers.

Jumblegraws

Has predictably turned into a GB News speedrun:
QuoteIt took less than two hours for Donald Trump's new social media to collapse under the weight of embarrassment. Trump's own account was quickly compromised and proceeded to post a photo of a pig defecating on its own scrotum. Access to the site is now shut down
https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1451030745263263745?s=21

JamesTC

I bet Qanon thought the big shitting on its scrotum was a secret message.

I especially love that they made the pig shitting on its scrotum the pinned truth.

Fry

The thing media-poisoned Conservatives and  Liberals here and in the US both have in common is an deep addiction to a platform that's driven them insane and makes them infuriated and miserable. They recognise that its awful but because they've built so much of their life around it they can never just delete their account, so they try these insane bargains to make it more pleasant and civil and open to dialogues or whatever. The rub is, the very thing they hate is what makes these platforms so popular and addictive. If everyone was pleasant, could talk rationally and openly, there were no cheap snarkys comments, petty disagreements, pointlessly hostile arguments, fake news or misleading memes twitter wouldnt be as addictive, or as popular, as it is. They wouldn't ge their 2k likes a day.

pigamus

Quote from: Alberon on October 21, 2021, 08:27:25 AM
Glindr for fascists?

I suppose it doesn't really matter how many others use it as long as the mainstream media report Trump's not-tweets on it.

A cunning ploy that might even work.

JamesTC

Just read that apparently the "pig poop balls" meme is a common one used to piss off Qanon social media platforms.

checkoutgirl

What's the seed cost to build an actual microblog site like Twitter where loads of people can post? I imagine it costs more that that crappy blog that Trump failed with a few months ago. All I know is Trump won't pay for it but will use it to scam money out of idiots and the usual. Imagine getting an email like this demanding money.

Ferris

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: ajsmith2 on October 21, 2021, 09:33:20 AM
On looking up Epik, just saw it's founder has the surname Monster. Thought I was misreading a letter or two on first glance but no, it's Monster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Monster

Got that b52s riff stuck in my head now

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 21, 2021, 08:31:02 AM
What, another one?

It'll die on its arse because lefties won't use it except to troll, and the righties who use it won't have anyone to pwn.

And they'll have to remind members that they can't post pictures of their fecal matter as a response to a post.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: checkoutgirl on October 21, 2021, 04:17:53 PM
What's the seed cost to build an actual microblog site like Twitter where loads of people can post?
Dead simple and quite cheap. This website claims to talk you through creating your own Twitter-like website. Alternatively, there's lots of open source software for this kind of thing, you'd just need to buy some space on Amazon Cloud Services and photoshop a logo for the front page. If a lot of people start using it, there might be more issues, but you can worry about that later.

it would be paid for by the Trump campaign and hosted on Trump Web Services at truly exorbitant rates, if it actually existed

PlanktonSideburns

How the fuck did a guy who can't even pixelate an image manage to make glindr by the way?