Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:27:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Be careful what you shoot at…

Started by vanilla.coffee, October 22, 2021, 06:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

yeah guns are fun have to agree. had an arsenal of NERF weapons and have played with Sega Lock-Ons

touchingcloth

I've never shot at so much as a clay pigeon. Guns feel like utterly pointless things in the present day.

Johnny Foreigner

Tesco don't seem to stock any guns; it's a shame, because I want to be prepared for when I'm challenged to a duel.

beanheadmcginty

Alberon

I've done Clay Pigeon shooting over here and fired a .22 rifle in America (it's virtually a legal requirement) and yeah, it is fun.

The thread in Deeper Into Movies discusses what might have happened here in more detail.

Milo

Amazed how quickly he got that custom tshirt describing his mood made.

thenoise

He killed his mum now?

Edit: oh, someone else's mum. Stupid Sun.

Chedney Honks

In the John Woo films, they couldn't afford physical effects so they just used real bullets.

Although it looks like there's a lot of slow motion in those films, the actors are actually moving very slowly so they can be more careful about where they're firing. They then slowed the footage down further for dramatic effect but it's amazing that they had so few people get injured or die.

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on October 23, 2021, 12:44:45 AM
Tesco don't seem to stock any guns; it's a shame, because I want to be prepared for when I'm challenged to a duel.

The fighting part's a doddle.  Both sword and bullet wounds have their unpleasantness overstated, even if fatal.  The getting the face slapped with a glove part really smarts, though.  Even that pales into insignificance compared to being called a 'cad' or 'varlet' when asked to defend your honour.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: mothman on October 23, 2021, 12:21:24 AM
cancel the planned third part of a trilogy and repurpose it as non-Plissken-related Ghosts Of Mars

I didn't know that! Very interesting, I don't know if it would have been particularly great as a Plissken movie but I'm sure it would have been more fun than the tedious mess it ended up as.

mothman

Ooh, I'm triggered - I LOVE Ghosts Of Mars. But yeah it's not objectively great by any stretch of the critical faculties.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: mothman on October 23, 2021, 12:21:24 AM
And you haven't lived until you've gone full rock'n'roll on a GPMG.

The shouty beetroot-faced RSM insisting that the whole platoon grubs around in the mud to muster every single link and brass afterwards in the pouring rain as Welsh gloaming gathers is an intrinsic part of this experience. Rock 'n' fuckin' roll.