Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:33:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

John Sparkes on HTV tonight

Started by Blue Jam, March 01, 2004, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

First of all, a Happy Saint David's Day to all you whores. I suggest that those of you who live in Wales celebrate by watching this tonight:

The History of Wales According To Hugh Pugh

alan strang

BARRY WELSH
Hello Hugh - still in black and white I see.

HUGH PUGH
Yes, still black and white. What's the problem? Not 'racial', are you?

Rats

Ooh, I love this guy. For whores with sky, here's how to get htv wales

Quotethisis how you get HTV on Sky Digital Press Services system setup add channels for frequency type in 10.832 (the point . will automatically be there) polarisation H (use right green/arrow button) symbol rate 22.0 ( ditto ) fec 5/6 ( ditto ) then scroll down to find channel - select button When the list comes up scroll to HTV and store To then watch the channel press services - system setup - other channels hope this helps

What time is it on blue jam?

alan strang

QuoteAs well as questions, there are some interesting revelations about the Welsh. For instance, it?s a little-known fact that they were the first to attempt to put a man in space. Astronaut, Dan Aberdare, chosen for his experience as a tractor driver, was launched into space by the Welsh on March 1st, 1961 and never seen again. It was another six weeks before Yuri Gagarin managed it for the Russians.

Hmm - Max Boyce always reckoned it was a bloke called Morgan The Moon!

Mind you, he also claimed there was a factory which made outside-halves for the 'Welsh team' so we needn't take his opinions too seriously.

Duw It's Hard...

Godzilla Bankrolls

John Sparkes is still King Of The Scatalogical Mononlogue.

"You know how sometimes when a man goes for a wee, and he misses the toilet? Well, I do that...when I go for a poo."

Jemble Fred

Ah, I was going to make sure people were aware of this too - BARRY WELSH IS GOING! The last vestiges of Absolutely comedy on the box... and because I live in Bath, I get to know about it but not watch it. Fuck.

The Plaque Goblin

Quote from: "Rats"thisis how you get HTV on Sky Digital Press Services system setup add channels for frequency type in 10.832 (the point . will automatically be there) polarisation H (use right green/arrow button) symbol rate 22.0 ( ditto ) fec 5/6 ( ditto ) then scroll down to find channel - select button When the list comes up scroll to HTV and store To then watch the channel press services - system setup - other channels hope this helps
Crikey! What other channels can you get with this method?

Oh, and I thought Absolutley Productions had gone tits up?

Blue Jam

Quote from: "Rats"What time is it on blue jam?

11.00 pm. The link has more details- it's s St David's Day special of course, and there's a whole Barry Welsh site there- unfortunately I just missed the competition deadline :(

Is it possible to see this with a Freeview box?

Clarky Cat

Quote from: "The Plaque Goblin"Crikey! What other channels can you get with this method?

Here's a list of all the known channels available on a normal sky box:

http://www.satcodx2.com/0282/eng/

But what you don't get through sky is mainly crap, although you can access alternative regions, like the HTV region if you're not in the HTV area, but that's about it.

Darrell

Is there any way to hack a Telewest box in a similar fashion?

The Plaque Goblin

Quote from: "Clarky Cat"
Quote from: "The Plaque Goblin"Crikey! What other channels can you get with this method?

Here's a list of all the known channels available on a normal sky box:

http://www.satcodx2.com/0282/eng/

But what you don't get through sky is mainly crap, although you can access alternative regions, like the HTV region if you're not in the HTV area, but that's about it.
Hell, what you do get through sky is mainly crap. Thanks for that, is there anything of interest there at all?

The History of Wales According To Hugh Pugh was loads of fun, wonderful use of archive footage. I laughed so hard at the singing girl. John Sparks deserves more than regional TV.

And what is so wrong with Rhyl?

Godzilla Bankrolls

He does fall back on the same bits of footage a bit too often (the singing girl has been used before), but after a few minutes, this programme hit it's stride. The painting used to illustrate Bryn Terfel was this precise moment for me. For some reason.

Blue Jam

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"He does fall back on the same bits of footage a bit too often

"I think it's absolutely disgustin'!"

That still makes me laugh whenever I see it. I also remember seeing an interview with Stephen Gately (the gay monkey from out of Boyzone) on The Priory, and laughing at this exchange:

QuoteZOE BALL: Why did you decide to go for a solo career?
GATELY: Well, mainly because it's a challenge...

Was it any good then? I almost miss living in Wales...

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: "Blue Jam"
Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"He does fall back on the same bits of footage a bit too often

"I think it's absolutely disgustin'!"

Yep, that was there too.

I wouldn't consider moving back if I was you. Wales is terrible, and should die.

This was a lot better than any of the programmes in the Comedy Zone, mind you.

Blue Jam

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"I wouldn't consider moving back if I was you. Wales is terrible, and should die.

I miss crap Welsh TV, but I wouldn't move back to Wales for all the money in the world. There's absolutely nothing else I miss about Wales, and I'd like to nuke it.

nixon

Quote from: "Blue Jam"There's absolutely nothing else I miss about Wales, and I'd like to nuke it.

Just make sure you tell me when you're going to, so I can escape. :-)

Godzilla Bankrolls

I'd be happy if you just blew up Newport.