Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:36:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

At last!!! Big Brother losing popularity

Started by Garfield And Friends, March 01, 2004, 07:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3522897.stm

Maybe this is the start of the decline of so-called reality TV shows. :wink wink:
Has anyone seen that godawful show "Newlyweds" on MTV *spit* ? Uggh.

Vermschneid Mehearties

We don't have any values to flount in this country, so whilst the Middle East might have got shot of it, we're still stuck here until we die, watching failed TV/music/film stars trying to convince us that we care.

As some people pointed out; the last Big Brother was such a banal'o'rama, the people they pick this time really will be a bunch of unstable, grating fuckwits, and it'll be hilarious watching themselves being tortutred to death.

daveytaylor

Sadly I think this will mean the opposite. I can see all The Sun and Daily Mail readers shouting that those "fucking sand n**gers don't like Big Brother because they are trying to stop our Western beliefs" and watch it all the more.

Marcus Or Relius

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"
As some people pointed out; the last Big Brother was such a banal'o'rama, the people they pick this time really will be a bunch of unstable, grating fuckwits, and it'll be hilarious watching themselves being tortutred to death.

That's what I'm hoping. Some people may love to denounce the stupidity of others who watch Reality TV, but if the Big Brother production team do their job and get some really unstable, mismatched freaks who'll have all sorts of bust-ups and possibly attack each other with sharp objects, then I'm tuning in.

Quote from: "Marcus Or Relius"
Big Brother production team.

Hahahaha hahah haha, production team hahaha.  Theres about 5 minutes of production to be done for that thing and even then my younger brother is capable of much higer values.  It cracks me up hearing people talking about the people who  supposidly, "produce" it.  Thank you for tickling me, I was having a sort of bad day until that point.

Marcus Or Relius

It still has a production team though dunnit, regardless of how shit they are at their job. In the same way the Catherine Tate Show has a script-writer who's job it is to write funny sketches, despite the sketches being astonishingly unfunny.

Still, at least I tickled you. I try to tickle someone at least once a day, whether they like it or not.

/chases after random person in street with feather

Quote from: "Marcus Or Relius"It still has a production team though dunnit

Yeah, but you would hardly realise they were they're. Apart from when you hear that the housemates are playing musical chairs or something just as exciting, or if one of them says that something is controversial, like eating beans over peas.  I'm sure they promote the use of that word; it's crept into their advertising too much for my liking.  Amazing production eh?

I can imagine a production meeting now..

Producer1: Now, all of these people are watching.  Anyone got any good ideas?

Producer2: Musical chairs?

Producer1: Amazing! That is very deep, thank you. Anyone fancy a walk to the pub?

elderford

I can recall eagerly watching the first transmission of episode one of Jam, which was strange enough.

No advert breaks.

And then at the end of the programme there was an extended advert explaining that Channel 4 had built a house especially for real people to live in and do real everyday things and this would all be unscripted, live and on telly and they wanted all of us to write in and ask to take part.

I went to bed convinced that it was a Chris Morris wind-up.

I am still amazed and disappointed that it wasn't.

How to edit Big Brother - Lesson 1
1. Show a scene with somebody stating some sort of personal opinion.
2. Immediately after that, show a scene with the same person apparently doing the opposite of what they've just said.
3. They'll look like a fucking hypocrite.

How to edit Big Brother - Lesson 2( this process will enable production techniques that will appeal to the fuller thinker)

1) Click "edit"
2) Click "select all"
3) Press "Delete"

Timmay

AHHAHAHHAHA!!! LOL!!! You make me laugh NWO. You should be a comedian.

What a pointless couple of posts.

Quote from: "Timmay"AHHAHAHHAHA!!! LOL!!! You make me laugh NWO. You should be a comedian.

People who go on like that are usually cretins.

Timmay