Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:56:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TECHY - capturing RAM files

Started by peterperv, March 01, 2004, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterperv

I'm trying to capture Realoplayer files and save them as wavs or mp3s on my pooter - capturing streaming audio, really.

Whats the best way of doing this, reckon? I'm considering capturing it into MD or whatever then playing it back into CoolEdit Pro and saving it then. But that's gonna take a LOT of time! Any easier ways?

session9

Get something like Total Recorder (or even Total Recorder itself). That should record to wav or mp3.

If you want to record the realmedia stream data to a realmedia file on your hard drive so that you can replay it from the drive, you can do that too, but I forget the program, it's called something like streambox.

JesusAndYourBush

Gamma Ray

Quote from: "peterperv"I'm trying to capture Realoplayer files and save them as wavs or mp3s on my pooter - capturing streaming audio, really.

I use the method that I outlined at the end of this thread. Works nine times out of ten for me.

In short - download the RAM file, and open it in notepad to discern the location of the .rm (actual media) file.

Paste that URL into Net Transport, and there you have it ... instant arsecandle.

And yes, I seem to remember that those chaps are right, Streambox is good for converting Real files into mp3s etc.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"Streambox VCR

Used to swear by it, but it's gone a bit tempremental recently, not least with files from the BBC site.  Stream Down, though, does the job just as well and with a better looking GUI as well.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "weirdbeard"Used to swear by it, but it's gone a bit tempremental recently, not least with files from the BBC site.
In which case visit that site.  The bloke there writes his own updates to solve new problems and helps people to download troublesome streams in his forum.  As a result I've never had problems downloading streams from the BBC site or anywhere else.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"
Quote from: "weirdbeard"Used to swear by it, but it's gone a bit tempremental recently, not least with files from the BBC site.
In which case visit that site.  The bloke there writes his own updates to solve new problems and helps people to download troublesome streams in his forum.  As a result I've never had problems downloading streams from the BBC site or anywhere else.

Ta for that.  I was under the impression that Streambox VCR had stopped being supported a couple of years ago.  Obviously not.  For now though I'm going to stick with Stream Down cos it's nice and easy to use (even easier that Streambox VCR, which is simple enough).  I'll download it anyway in case I need it.

peterperv