Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

britains best sitcom...

Started by Munday's Chylde, March 01, 2004, 10:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
...can someone remind me which made it into the top ten and which have had their documentaries aired so far.

Saw a bit of the only fools one the other night, cack. I know porridge and blackadder have been done too. What have we got left? I'm sure there was one I wanted to see... One foot in the grave was it?

Darrell

Blackadder (good archival footage and interviews, shit links)
Fawlty Towers (harmless enough, good links, nice archive)
The Good Life (didn't watch it, I couldn't be arsed)
Yes Minister (excellent, the best of the bunch so far)
One Foot in the Grave (rubbish rubbish rubbish)
Porridge (didn't watch it, Jonathan Creek was on)
Only Fools and Horses (utterly depressing, most of the clips were from the 1990s)

Still to be aired (and in no particular order) - Open All Hours, The Vicar of Dibley, Dad's Army.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "Darrell"Still to be aired (and in no particular order) - Open All Hours, The Vicar of Dibley, Dad's Army.

How are they going to come up with a whole 20 reasons for this? I quite enjoy it to be honest, but I fucking hate Dawn French. She can fuck off for all I care. She isn't funny.

fbb bastard

come to think of it as well.......awkright's stutter,granville, glady e's knockers, the till, not being last of the summer wine....errrr......where the hell are you supposed to get an hour about open all hours?

Lt Plonker

I thought some of One Foot in the Graves were a bit contrived. Best catchphrase? Pfff.

But I'm still voting for it.

bill hicks

The Porridge one wasn't bad. Fairly obvious, and Johnny Vaughn wasn't at his most charismatic (ahem)...but it did make some good points.

Nice bit about political allegory if I remember correctly...if you watch it (it's on UK Gold almost constantly at the minute) you do realise how political it was. They had the one about Godber's exam the other day and that was one of the best half hours of TV I've ever seen. Fletch steals the exam paper for him and Godber refuses to look at it so Barker goes into how the system is corrupt and the only chance a working lad has is to use the methods they do to cheat his way up. Not at all funny, just pure polemic and all the better for it.

Having watched that episode I may have swung towards Porridge now.