Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 780
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Enders or Corrie?

Started by Cerys, September 01, 2005, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is it for you?

Eastenders - the gloom and depression make me feel better about myself
17 (26.6%)
Corrie - the grit and hilarity make me feel better about myself
11 (17.2%)
Something else - possibly Australian.  I'm a rebel, me
7 (10.9%)
When I come into the power that is rightly mine, soap watchers will be first against the wall - first, I tell you!  Bwahahahaha!
27 (42.2%)
Emmerdale - its broad Yorkshireness and shameless use of sheep make me feel better about myself
2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: September 01, 2005, 09:09:32 PM

dot

Those summer dresses always got me going :) I haven't seen it for ages but my mother had it on the other day and susan kennedy still looks hot, she must be about 50 now so she must have had a nip and tuck. I'm glad to see harold's still in it, that man is a legend. Sally from home and away was my teenage crush though, she still makes me swoon.

Beagle 2

I can't believe so many people are going for 'Enders, it's on it's last legs for gods sake. Lower ratings than Emmerdale these days. It's an old cliche but it would really benefit the show to kill everybody off and start again, they've just got themselves into a terrible mess. The last "hard man" Andy left nearly straight away, Den's return was laughable and desperate, Chrissy's leaving, Sam's leaving,That Johnny bloke's already leaving, it's rats from a sinking ship. As much of a fan of the mishoo's I am, they're only going to be back for six months, and then what? With the high turn around of characters and the fact that even the regulars randomly vanish for no credible reason for months at a time (Kat and fucking Alfie) the storylines they try to bring in rarely make any sense as character history is invented on the spot. Look at Dennis's stag do a couple of weeks back, the only people who were there were people he's barely spoken to before, Jim, Charlie, Ian, just why would he ever hang out with them? They simply forgot to script friends for him.

And the new family, I forget their name, what a pointless depressing bunch of cunts. Oh, I forgot about the Ferraira's. Hasn't everyone.

And why the fuck isn't anybody allowed to wash their hair on Albert Square?

Dreadful shite. Don't diss Corra.

Brad

Corrie and Emmerdale are the best. Stenders bores the shit out of me. Neighbours is horrible, I just cant relate to it at all. Although a couple of weeks ago there was a scene where they were wrestling and one guy had lime green panties on his head for a mask, the gusset was right over his nose and mouth (wonders if they'd been washed? Were they Sky Mangle's?) and it reminded me of some internet sites I've visited! Whatever happened to Albion Market, eh?

imitationleather

I used to really love Neighbours until they got absolute twats like Cindy in. The woman cannae act and I cannae no longer watch it!

But aye, when Skye first arrived she excited me in a way that no other soap character had before. Remember that storyline about her being addicted to cannabis and Harold trying to run her out of town? Never should've got rid of the black hair...

This reminds me, genuineleatherette#2 (remember her?) visited the Neighbours set and kissed Harold Bishop. Apparently the Doctor bloke is very "fit". The best I have is that I visited the EastEnders set once and hugged Blossom. Not bad, eh?

I can remember 'Enders being really fun in the mid '90s when you had characters like Huw and the gays. That might just be my young brain playing tricks on me though...

Pseudopath

Corrie is king - but I couldn't live without my daily fix of Susan Kennedy. Hubba!

wasp_f15ting

I used to watch neighbors, and before that East enders too, but now it has been a very long time since I have seen both. It is very easy to drop out of watching them when you work wierd fucking hours.

I rather wish I can get back into something now, with the lull in American shows at the moment, i'd rather be watching something to fill my time, there is only so many movies, books or reading one can do before wanting to just watch something to forget the worries of the world. I have been downloading crap US TV shows just to fill the huge gaping void in TV here and across the pond :(

The Duck Man

Quote from: "imitationleather"I used to really love Neighbours until they got absolute twats like Cindy in. The woman cannae act and I cannae no longer watch it!
She's leaving! You can watch once more!

I'm very excited because in a few months we'll get the Neighbours anniversary show which is culmination of this whole flooding rubbish they've been doing. About 70% of the old cast is returning for a week or so and it's going to be great! Lance the sci-fi geek! Billy! Ruth! Flick, mmmm! Hurray!

variant

Neighbours is the greatest soap for just being stupid escapism. Recent storlines have included wrestling, lesbians and Sky and Cindi selling saucy undies. What more could you want?

Oh and God bless you for that picture The Duck Man.

clareQuilty

I knew Susan Kennedy was a MILF before I knew what a MILF was. She totally reminds me of my old religious studies teacher.

lankinpark

Quote from: "The Duck Man"I'm very excited because in a few months we'll get the Neighbours anniversary show which is culmination of this whole flooding rubbish they've been doing. About 70% of the old cast is returning for a week or so and it's going to be great! Lance the sci-fi geek! Billy! Ruth! Flick, mmmm! Hurray!

Joe Mangel!

Neighbours seems to be one of those things that just doesn't make sense to people who weren't exposed to it at an early age. But for those of us who grew up with it, it exerts such a grip. I think I learned everything I know about writing dialogue from watching Neighbours.

Cerys

Quote from: "lankinpark"I think I learned everything I know about writing dialogue from watching Neighbours.

In that case maybe you can tell me what a hufftah is.  The image I've got is one of a lesbian elephant with dubious personal hygiene.

Jemble Fred

I voted EE, but only for old time's sake. I don't think I missed an episode for the first 12 years or so, but then they started throwing in dream sequences and other unforgivable moves.

Luckily, I gave up long before Shane Richie joined. I can't imagine following the show properly these days. Two hours a week isn't it? Madness. Tuesdays and Thursdays was quite enough.

El Unicornio, mang

Is Neighbours still shown at 5:35pm on BBC1? Seems a bit early for them to be showing all this lesbianism and girls in skimpy lingerie

This is a good site:
http://www.angelfire.com/wi3/nan/neighbours_girls.html

The Hannah Martin bit is particularly amusing:
http://www.angelfire.com/wi3/nan/hannah.html

Almost Yearly

Mixed feelings there :-)

'Ftindahs for me, if any. Not been watching it for a bit - summertime I spose. Gwant where you goin'? Aht.