Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:34:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

MONGOL

Started by XxXMONGOLXxX, September 03, 2005, 03:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mook

Quote from: "chav"MONGOL DON'T CARE ABOUT BREAKFAST

MONGOL NEED COMPLETE BREAKDOWN OF DINNER THOUGH

PLEASE

Ok then, I've marinated a piece of hanger steak and will be having that with some crushed anya potatoes and a green salad of american landcress and mizuna.

Probably leftover blackberry and apple crumble for afters, 'cos I was too stuffed to eat it yesterday.

Does mongol wish to know what I had yesterday? Well I ain't going to tell him the nosy cunt.

Mr. Analytical

MOOK EAT VERY ELABORATE FOOD

WHATEVER HAPPEN TO POT NOODLE AND COPY OF RAZZLE?

gazzyk1ns

50% of a chef's job seems to be having to elaborately explain exactly how they prepare the food, in order to disguise the fact that it's relatively simple cookery - I mean, when I cook for people, I don't ask if they want julienne carrots delicately parboiled in simmering brine, I ask them if they want carrots.

chav

That's probably why they taste so dull.

gazzyk1ns

My carrots are fucking good I'll have you know, plenty of bite but no "raw" taste.

terminallyrelaxed

I'd cook like that, if I had the time, the utensils, the money and the space, sounds very nice too. I don't even know what a hanger steak is.

splattermac

You know when a cow gets undressed for bed and hangs up it's skin for the night? Well Butchers simply install a rotating panel in the back of the wardrobe and spin it round and cut bits off before returning it to it's original position.

If I was a troll i'd call myself Troll McClure and say things like... you might remember me from such threads as ....

mook

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"I mean, when I cook for people, I don't ask if they want julienne carrots delicately parboiled in simmering brine, I ask them if they want carrots.

And that's just as well. I mean to cut carrots julienne or allumette is really over doing it; way, way to fine to cook with, If you want to go down that road of ultra fine cuts just "cook" them with lemon juice and/or vinegars,  you're better off sticking with a battonet if you are going to introduce heat to them.

By the way, are you still smacking your fillet steak with a hammer..  ;-)

EDIT..

Here you go TR. It's sometimes called the butchers steak, it's an ugly bastard I must admit, but tastes fucking smashing if prepped right. Cheap as fuck at the minute and will probably stay that way until some TV chef "discovers" it and makes it fashionable.

QuoteDefinition: The Hanger Steak is a thick strip of meat from the underside of the beef cow. It hangs (hence the name) between the rib and the loin. It is part of the diaphragm and, like a skirt steak is full of flavor but can be tough if not prepared correctly. The hanger steak has a grainy texture which is great for many dishes like fajitas or bulgogi. While you can use most any method to prepare the hanger steak it does have a tendency to dry out and get tough when exposed to dry heat. When grilling or broiling you need to use a marinade first to keep it moist. This is a very tasty steak and you will really enjoy it as long as you prepare it correctly.

Wheres MONGOL at anyway?

zozman

How do you prepare it then?  Or do you just need to marinade it?  If so, what with?  And what's the best way of cooking it?  

Ah, this is just like DG's kitchen thread.

Almost Yearly

If I was a troll I'd call myself King Trollo and leap about like THIS.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "mook"
By the way, are you still smacking your fillet steak with a hammer..  ;-)

No, I think I posted a little after, I was going to what proved to be a SHIT butcher. I was only ever smacking it with my hand by the way! I don't appreciate such criticism of my carrot-cooking by the way, I'm no chef but I can't half boil a vegetable. I even cook broccoli in very very shallow water, or on top of other veg, so that the stalks cook in the water but the florets only get a steaming. Get me, yeah, I watch Ready, Steady, Cook.

EDIT: AND I can make carbonara sauce. I said up there I'm no chef but maybe I'm doing myself a disservice. My friend's dad is a chef and he taught me to make mayonnaise, that practically makes me a chef on its own.

XxXMONGOLXxX

HEY

MONGOL CONFUSED

gazzyk1ns

Well how do you cook your carrots?

Mediocre Rich

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Well how do you cook your carrots?

Said the actress to bishop.

Cerys

I think you're all being very nasty.  Down Syndrome is no laughing matter.

Mediocre Rich

Quote from: "Cerys"Down Syndrome is no laughing matter.

Said the actress to the bishop.

splattermac

I know we have a policy of not feeding the trolls but what are the moderator's thoughts on tantalising them with recipes?

hencole

Surely a recipe for ....no sod it.

Lee

This is your brain on drugs.

Well, this is my brain on drugs anyhow.

Captain Crunch

How about Trollie Dollie - clogging up the place with massive pictures of girls in kinky uniforms?

butnut

Joanna Troll-ope - A troll that turns every post into an 'upmarket romance.'

Trollovision

Where's Troll-o? This one hides within other people's posts and it takes ages to spot him.

Trolly Bloom - doesn't use any punctuation, writes mainly about sexual fantasies and bodily functions and starts and ends every post with the word 'yes.'

Captain Crunch

The Troll-fu Lovefrogs - everyone's heard of them but doesn't give a shit about them.

gazzyk1ns

Shopping Trolly - clogs threads with purchasing tips and anecdotes

Trolly-go-lightly - a particularly inoffensive troll

Frinky

Trolly-bus.

Talks about the sea-front.

Captain Crunch

Arctic Troll - all posts descend into a rambling prose on ice-cream and sponge combinations.  From the 80's.

SurferGhost

Good Times Troll

Troll Out The Barrell

Frinky

Low choles-troll

The troll that's good for you.

Oh yes, I remember why I'm trying to end my own life now.

Lee

Um... you've gotta troll with it?

SurferGhost

Troll me over, in the clover
Troll me over, lay me down
And do it again