Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Small Pleasures

Started by Lady Beany, February 03, 2004, 01:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Beany

Well I have been having a pretty boring and crappy day at work today, and honestly have not been able to see the light at the end of the tunnel that is 5pm.

Been trying to force myself to eat healthily, which has meant my buying a packet of Ryvita/Cardboard and some crappy slimming cheese stuff.  That was shit.

Anyway, our Production department sent down a pizza, they had ordered too much.  I can't tell you how orgasmic it was to get a slice of hot Dominoe's pizza brought to my desk.  I honestly though I was going to die happy.  But, it was only pizza!

What little things have made the difference to your everyday, mundane life?

me

What has made the difference today is going the pub at dinner for an hour and supping 2 and a half pints of Stella Artois, realy sets me up for the afternoon I find..I'm in till 5.30 Ms Bean so I have another half hour of hell than you do !!

Frinky

I talk by email to a number of mates from school, our email exchange rate is about one every three weeks, as rule, but you never quite know when, so it's a (relatively) unexpected pleasure when one pops up.

Working stuff out by ear on guitar without realising it is always nice - plenty of result for no effort.

And yes, allowing myself that once-a-month Pizza. Oh God, it's so good.

hencole

Being felated by the chief executive whilst pretending to work.

me

Quote from: "hencole"Being felated by the chief executive whilst pretending to work.

All good and well sir, providing your C.E.O is a lady !!

Gazeuse

Funnily enough I've just taken Mrs. Gaz out for company lunch at PizzaExpress.

What was really nice though was walking past the brewery and having lovely smelling malty steam wafted over us.

Well, I thought so anyway.

Lady Beany

Quote from: "me"
Quote from: "hencole"Being felated by the chief executive whilst pretending to work.

I think that the pleasure for Hencole is that the CEO is NOT a lady!

I jest.... honest!

hencole

Quote from: "Lady Beany"
Quote from: "me"

I think that the pleasure for Hencole is that the CEO is NOT a lady!

I jest.... honest!

They could be a diseased ridden monkey for all I care.

Wrigby

I just did a nice sketch of my hand all blended in to a sort of mossy rocky outcrop.

I used to love drawing 'properly', but this has degraded into very crappy doodling over the years... And I'm sooo proud of this one, its really made my day - but I've had to hide it away in  my desk drawer, lest my manager see it and complain about staff being creative during work hours...

smoker

spending my afternoon searching for hostels in rome to stay in next month, sweeeet

Sherringford Hovis

My top three:

Being greeted on my return home by a little furry dog who thinks I'm God because I can reach the jar of pignoses on top of the fridge.

Sunshine and a smattering of fluffy clouds on a day I know I can bunk off work early.

Mrs ovis' face when she realises that I've done the shopping AND all the hoovering before she gets out of work.

Lady Beany

Quote from: "Sherringford Hovis"

Being greeted on my return home by a little furry dog who thinks I'm God because I can reach the jar of pignoses on top of the fridge.

OK, please tell me that is a term for 'posh dog food' and not literally pig's noses....

Another one for me to add to this thread, http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=65  ,along with 'scampi' *rolls eyes*

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: "Lady Beany"please tell me that is a term for 'posh dog food' and not literally pig's noses....

They really ARE pig noses - the nostrils make a handy place to put a rope through a few of them and turn 'em into a good chew-toy. Whole pigs' trotters make a good dog-chew too, but they're much messier than the noses. Both the noses and the trotters should be fried or dry-cured until they're about the consistency and colour of pork scratchings though: the raw ones will make the world fall out of a dog's arse...

Lady Beany

Apart from being horrified at that, the first thing I thought when I read your above post was 'I wonder if they still have bogeys in them?'

This Board has corrupted me.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: "Lady Beany"'I wonder if they still have bogeys in them?'

They do indeed, great big crusty ones that look like the scraps you get in an old-fashioned fish-and-chip shop; and little bits of French truffle too, if you buy the upscale ones.

You can't blame this board for your depravity: it's merely a catalyst that awakens the beast within us all: an albino mongoose with a limp, in my case.

Geej

I started halucinating today on my drive into work.  No drugs, just mental divergence, I believe.

I saw the black, slippery tarmac of the road surface turn into a whole bunch of sealions all swimming along next to my car.

That was quite nice today.  

Answers to your potential questions;
Yes, this does happen quite often, and No, I have never taken LSD, or mushrooms.

I just get on with it.

smoker

Quote from: "Geej"No, I have never taken LSD, or mushrooms.

I just get on with it.

signature

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Geej"Yes, this does happen quite often, and No, I have never taken LSD, or mushrooms.
You just *think* you haven't...

hoverdonkey

I love it when you get a smile and a 'hello' out of a stranger on the street. Get a warm 5 minutes after that

smoker

Quote from: "hoverdonkey"I love it when you get a smile and a 'hello' out of a stranger on the street. Get a warm 5 minutes after that

hello. that's a nice phone. YOINK

Shaddock

Been leisurely wondering what my first post to the forum will be.

phillippa_maul

A nice cup of hot tea and tim tams!

Bite off the two opposing corners and suck the tea through the biscuit...then eat it!...YUM!

You have to try it!

TraceyQ

Proper bubblegum that you can blow proper big bubbles with.

Still Not George

The first cup of coffee from the first pot made from a new packet of the stuff. Especially if you haven't had any coffee for the past week. Better than sex.

The sudden, delightful realisation that there's an hour to go until you can go home and you've genuinely, seriously got No Work To Do.

Going to bed alone and waking up not. SIckening, but great.

A sad pathetic LRP geek one here - Tumbling down a cliffbank, landing badly in a load of underbrush and then noticing your hand is half an inch from the nettles you usually land in.

Cerys

Quote from: "Still Not George"The first cup of coffee from the first pot made from a new packet of the stuff. Especially if you haven't had any coffee for the past week. Better than sex.

Ahem....

Dr. Gizmonic

Seeing an oil-slick rainbow on tarmac. I also get a buzz from meeting truly obese people, makes me feel warm and slightly disgusted.

Rubbish Monkey

these...

and Lotus Caramelised Biscuits

and clouds. and old graveyards

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Lady Beany"
Been trying to force myself to eat healthily, which has meant my buying a packet of Ryvita/Cardboard and some crappy slimming cheese stuff.  That was shit.

Anyway, our Production department sent down a pizza, they had ordered too much.  I can't tell you how orgasmic it was to get a slice of hot Dominoe's pizza brought to my desk.

Ahhh the wonderful world of modern women's diets, where you not only end up eating what you were trying to avoid in the first place, but also a load of cardboardy crap which you don't like in the slightest.

MIne are:

Occasionally, at the weekend, you'll pick your screwed up trousers off the floor with no recollection of how you got home or what you did past about 10pm... and find a screwed up tenner and a few pound-nuggets in there, having only taken out about £30. It makes up for all those times you remember taking out £50, and then waking up to find a couple of 10p coins and a screwed up receipt for a club which cost £8 to get in... which you can't remember anyway.

Having a cup of tea when you've not made it in a hurry, or forgotten about it and let it stew.

Seeing that someone has that ultra-rare file you want on Slsk, and the search window says they're all queued up... but for whatever reason, your transfer starts immediately at breakneck pace.

Having a girl back up to you on the dancefloor of a club and do that silly "arse in cock" grinding thing for a bit, then after a while turn around to face you, and... Yay! She's not ugly!

Reluctantly downloading a piece of software you've not used before out of necessity, only to find that it's dead easy to use effectively, does everything you want it to do perfectly, and doesn't try to take over your system in the slightest.