Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:49:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bird With Big Tits presents Brasseye

Started by Almost Yearly, September 12, 2005, 07:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"
Quote from: "El Duderino"Didn't Channel four do basically the same show, but histed by Jeramy Beadle. Morris got the number one slot, and they mocked up the Nicholas Parsons poem from 'Animals'

Yes. dot/rats hosted the clip for a while.

Channel 4 repeated it fairly recently - it was "Top Ten Celebrity Stitch-ups" and it seemed  that all the people being interviewed were actually involved, rather than the usual rent-a-quote celeb.

Beadle picked the animal cruelty episode as his number 1 - thoughout the show he kept saying that the audicence may v well be surprised by his top choice.

Quantick and Parsons were on hand to give their take.

Gamma Ray

Quote from: "Gamma Ray"Why is the number 23 on that anvil?
Quote from: "dot"because he's a fucking lizard
Aw c'mon you can do better than that, it barely even raised a smile!

dot

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Gamma Ray"Why is the number 23 on that anvil?
Well the reason there's a number on it fnord at all is because it's supposed to be a "digital anvil", y'see, one that makes a thread drop to the bottom.  Took me ages to realise that (not the sinking to the bottom, but the fact that the anvil was a digital one).

dot

He made it round about the time people were on about the Illuminati and "the number 23" coincidence. This is why 23 daves is called 23 daves. I outdid everyone by noticing that the clock in the background of a muppets photo was 20 to 3. I told you, he's a fucking lizard, twice.

Quote from: "Ignatius_S"
Quote from: "El Duderino"Didn't Channel four do basically the same show, but histed by Jeramy Beadle. Morris got the number one slot, and they mocked up the Nicholas Parsons poem from 'Animals'

Channel 4 repeated it fairly recently - it was "Top Ten Celebrity Stitch-ups"

Actually it was a top nine, which lead to some speculation that one was snipped at the last minute (I'm not sure Beadle ever refers to the number of stitch-ups in his list).

Pretty good programme as it happens (part of C4's recent Favouritism series, which also included Jarvis Cocker's excellent programme about music television) -- certainly a lot better than the usual tosh IMHO.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: "StuBruise"
Quote from: "Ignatius_S"

Channel 4 repeated it fairly recently - it was "Top Ten Celebrity Stitch-ups"

Actually it was a top nine, which lead to some speculation that one was snipped at the last minute (I'm not sure Beadle ever refers to the number of stitch-ups in his list).

Pretty good programme as it happens (part of C4's recent Favouritism series, which also included Jarvis Cocker's excellent programme about music television) -- certainly a lot better than the usual tosh IMHO.

My numeracy skills are obviously on the wane! Totally agree that  it was much  better than the usual fodder.

I was a little cynical about Beadle's motives for selecting Brasseye for the top spot tho.

Sulphagne

Seems as good a place as any to mention this: found myself watching "The Curse of Noel Edmonds" on Five tonight (no use pretending I was just flicking through the channels and caught it just in time, I am still new to the world of British television and I had to catch one of Five's rival celebrity character assassinations, having missed that Trinny and Susannah one that seemed to take great delight in mentioning a suicide attempt in the promo), and the relevant Brass Eye clips were shown. The evening's talking heads didn't have anything much interesting to offer, other than Edmonds apparently being the only anti-Cake advocate to go and personally harass Channel 4 about it, but I expect that's either untrue or old news anyhow.

The show itself played like a lost Brass Eye episode, however, so it was worth watching after all.

(standing outside the site of one of Edmonds' failed theme parks)
Local Councillor: Well, here we are, this is where it all happened.
Reporter: (sternly) Or, rather, where it didn't happen. (turns, walks off screen)

dot

I watched that, it was terrible, it was the bloke off armstrong and miller who was on have i got news for you doing the voice over, he told us "the dvd is still available to buy"

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

That Noel Edmonds programme (Starring Paul Morley!) was utter shit, but it had a morbid quality. Nice to be reminded how much Noel was pissed off at Morris, and that Mr. Blobby was a low point for mankind. The Trinny & Susannah one made them out to be complete wankers, which we all knew anyway. Cheers, five.

The Mumbler

I saw the rubbish Edmonds doc the first time round.  Nonsensically, it presupposed that Edmonds would never be able to get a job in telly these days.  Of course he fucking could (if Alexander Armstrong can, anyone can).  He just chooses not to - God knows he's got more than enough money.  And of course standards on Sky One, or Channel 4 or - ahem - Five are that high that he'd stand no chance away from the almighty Beeb.

Gamma Ray

Quote from: "dot"He made it round about the time people were on about the Illuminati and "the number 23" coincidence. This is why 23 daves is called 23 daves. I outdid everyone by noticing that the clock in the background of a muppets photo was 20 to 3. I told you, he's a fucking lizard, twice.
Yep that's more like it.