Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:41:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Mario Kart / SNES Emulator

Started by Manford Thirty-Sixborough, March 02, 2004, 09:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been doing a bit of tidying, and unearethed my old SNES, with Mario Kart - arguably the greatest 2 player game ever - still in it. Trouble is, I can only find one controller.

Does anyone know of somewhere I can download an emulator and ROM file for the game, as I'm feeling really nostalgic and desperate for a game now?

Failing that, does anyone know of any better 2 player games available for download?

Mr Flunchy

If Soulseek can't sort out you out, I'll email you the rom.

You want a program called ZSNES to emulate btw.

I should point out this isn't illegal as, apparently he owns the console and game.

Purple Tentacle

I'm going to drop jaws and court controversy by saying.....

.... I think the Game Boy Advance version of Mario Kart is the best version.

There, I said it.

(Diddy Kong Racing also pisses all over the turgid Mario Kart 64)

Mr Flunchy

Have you played the new Gamecube one?

Jet Set Willy

Diddy Kong was so sloooow, and hard. Fun for a while though. Never played GB MK though, I've heard good things...

I LOVE WINNING ELEVEN SIX AND MONKEY BALL.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"Have you played the new Gamecube one?

[nobby no-mates] Indeed I own it, and have completed every single Grand Prix including the Mirror course where you have to race every single course. [/nobby no-mates]

Incredibly I also have a girlfriend, who doubled-up with me so we did the lot together. This is not as bonding as it sounds. In fact I even made a "soft space" in my living room where hurled control pads could land.

Anyway I really loved it, so much better than the N64 version, but you can't beat the old-skool flat track versions.

Jet Set Willy

yes GC MK is AOK but IMO it is NAGAIUTB and I'm F'ed if I can carry on with this stupid writing. I played it like mad at first but havent played it for ages even with my friends being round all the time.

Pinball

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"yes GC MK is AOK but IMO it is NAGAIUTB and I'm F'ed
jkhhfklkljhjghjgkjhjkhkjhjfhgdfglkjjklhjkljgjhj ?

Timmay

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"[nobby no-mates] Indeed I own it, and have completed every single Grand Prix including the Mirror course where you have to race every single course. [/nobby no-mates]

Incredibly I also have a girlfriend, who doubled-up with me so we did the lot together. This is not as bonding as it sounds. In fact I even made a "soft space" in my living room where hurled control pads could land.
Heh... I've already managed to work through one controller by not using a "soft space". It's much more satisfying when you can hear the fucker of a controller squeal under your fist. It's obviously it's fault. I can't explain the feeling though, when the poor thing refuses to work anymore afterwards. *sobs*

weirdbeard

Quote from: "Manford Thirty-Sixborough"I've been doing a bit of tidying, and unearethed my old SNES, with Mario Kart - arguably the greatest 2 player game ever - still in it. Trouble is, I can only find one controller.

Does anyone know of somewhere I can download an emulator and ROM file for the game, as I'm feeling really nostalgic and desperate for a game now?

Failing that, does anyone know of any better 2 player games available for download?

The newest version of ZSNES will do you.  And for a ROM, go to Edge Emu.  You have to register, but it's free, and only takes 2 minutes,  And there's a whole galaxy of ROM's there.

Mr Flunchy

I have just discovered that 16 player Mario Double Dash is.. breathtaking.

hencole

Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"I have just discovered that 16 player Double Dash is.. breathtaking.

You don't play for Leicester by any chance?

Purple Tentacle

Ooh ooh are you broadbanded up?

That's my next little project.

Mr Flunchy

Quote from: "hencole"
Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"I have just discovered that 16 player Double Dash is.. breathtaking.

You don't play for Leicester by any chance?

No, but this is one of the few times that doing a degree in Video Games is paying off.

hencole

Are many GC games supported by link up? I've played quite a few 16 player LAN Xbox games and its certainly the most fun you can have with games playing, pissing all over Xbox live.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "hencole"Are many GC games supported by link up? I've played quite a few 16 player LAN Xbox games and its certainly the most fun you can have with games playing, pissing all over Xbox live.

An increasing number as I understand, although the idea of playing 16 player Mario Kart sounds like a year's entertainment for me, considering the amount of spunk in my pants left after playing 4-player GBA Kart...

gazzyk1ns