Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:18:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hiring gig venues in London

Started by 23 Daves, September 29, 2005, 09:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

23 Daves

Sorry for both the self-indulgent and London-centric nature of this post, but here goes...

Do any whores have experiences of hiring out gig venues in London, and if so, which would you recommend?  I'm basically trying to promote a new gig night in London on a Sunday that's going to be a bit experimental, so I'll be looking to hire somewhere pretty small to start with until I can see how things are likely to go.

I'd appreciate people's tales of experience both negative and positive, it's really going to help me hone down the list of possibles.  Some people I've spoken to have been right cunts from the off, though, and they're straight off the list.  Strangely, it always seems to be the scuzziest venues who have the nastiest staff as well... you'd think they'd appreciate more people drinking in them.

djtrees

Have you tried Bardens Boudoir? We where meant to be doing summat there but they had their license taken off them, however they are meant to be sorting it out

And theres also somewhere in Kilburn that we are looking at for another venue, but i dont know its name. Its just a room above a pub, but its right near to the tube, which apparently matters in that London

23 Daves

Thanks for that.  We were considering Stokey venues, in fact, but the lack of decent tube connections does mean that we'd probably end up cutting our expected audience by a third.  That said, there's a couple of really decent small bars round there that might get us started.

Still sorting it all out, thanks for the suggestion.