Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey to curate Meltdown

Started by european son, March 03, 2004, 03:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

from the NME and Morrissey-Solo

Quote from: "Time Out"With Morrissey's hotly anticipated first solo album in seven years due in May, it looks like this will be his year. We emailed him at home in LA to get the lowdown on Morrissey's Meltdown.

TO: HOW DID YOU COME TO BE CURATING THIS YEAR'S MELTDOWN?
MORRISSEY: I was very nicely asked. I was second choice to a smallish Japanese woman whose name I can't mention, but she has atrocious taste in eye furniture. Can you guess who I mean? She had a Red Setter called John.

TO: WITH YOUR NEW ALBUM DUE IN MAY (AND A DATE IN MANCHESTER CONFIRMED) CAN WE TAKE IT YOU'LL BE PERFORMING YOURSELF?
MORRISSEY: Only seals 'perform'. So, yes, I'm ready to oik.

TO: AFTER HEARING YOUR 'UNDER THE INFLUENCE' COMPILATION, WE'RE EXPECTING YOUR LINE-UP TO INCLUDE ROCKABILLY, CAJUN, SKA, OPERATIC DISCO AND GLAM CLASSICS - ARE WE ON THE RIGHT LINES?
MORRISSEY: Not remotely. The line-up consists of drag, skiffle, and political debate.

TO: OVER THE YEARS MELTDOWN HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS UNUSUAL MIX OF COMEDY, FILM, READINGS AND POETRY AS WELL AS MUSIC. CAN WE EXPECT THIS FROM YOUR STEWARDSHIP?
MORRISSEY: This year's Meltdown will be the best - very loud, very entertaining and very funny. Princess Anne is not invited.

TO: WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF TATU TURNING UP TO PLAY THEIR COVER OF 'HOW SOON IS NOW?'?
MORRISSEY: It's as likely as Amelia Earhart being discovered working at Boots in Croydon.