Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:11:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask (Part II - The New Batch)

Started by The Region Legion, October 09, 2005, 04:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

The bit on Dirty Tricks where the bloke balanced on a sword, and then impaled himself on it - how was that done?

petula dusty

Oooooooh! Get you with yer beeday. Us poor people have to do handstands in the shower. I suppose you play the grand piarrrrno as well. La de fuckin da.

Lady Beaner

Quote from: "Frinky"
To clean your arse, you dirty bitch.
Quote from: "Almost Yearly"You might think a half-arsed wipe is good enough, stinky minge. You're entitled to your low standard of intimate hygiene, but don't fawcett on the rest of us.

Thanks, you insufferable cunts.

Doesn't anyone wipe their arses properly? Have you ever used one?  Why am I so intrigued by this?

Frinky

Becuase hair gets in the way. Alright? Happy now?

And it's not just blokes who suffer that problem, either. cries

Ambient Sheep

At the risk of cutting further amusing bidetisms dead, the subject was covered in considerable, um, depth back on pages 57 to 60 - with a slight return on page 62 - of the Mark I thread.

EDIT: in reply to the more recent replies here...wet wipes are your friend.  Allegedly.

Lady Beaner

Quote from: "Frinky"Becuase hair gets in the way. Alright? Happy now?

Hurr, hurr... just do what I do... shave it.

Sheepy, as always you are the Librarian of CaB!  Cheers.

Neville Chamberlain

While you lot mutter on about dangleberries, I've got a serious question: What's the longest post ever to have appeared here? Has there ever been one that's taken up an entire page?  Mr. Sheep???

slim

Quote from: "Jim"Has there ever been one that's taken up an entire page?
It can't. There's always n replies per page, as dictated by the current forum settings.

Neville Chamberlain

Well I never knew that! OK, but the first part of the question still stands then. Hmmm.

slim

I think one of mine in the Benevolent Dictatorship thread is probably up there, as are some others I've seen on politics. At a guess, I'd say it was that kind of post which would win out. Mind you, PLC can't 'alf natter, as can some others.

I'm sure it would be possible to find out with the right SQL query on the posts database. Perhaps you could try and bribe Neil if you're desperate? :)

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "LordSnooty"Bet you never knew it was called 'skag'. Oh, you did?
Isn't that slang for heroin?

Xerxes & Friends

I'm a bit worried that I'm having to ask this, but...

How can I increase the text size on this here forum?  The usual method (Ctrl+Mouse scroll, or View>Text Size) doesn't work on the main body text.

Gawd, I'm getting OLD...

Neville Chamberlain

Funnily enough, I thought of that post you (slim) did and remember thinking "Blimey, that was long" (in a good way, mind!) and, yes, some of PLC's do go on for ever (in a good way mind!)

And no, I'm not quite desperate enough to bribe Neil just yet :-)

Captain Crunch

Oh Gremlins, I get it.

So here's my pithy question - who do black cabs have these yellow and orange targets on the front?  It is some sort of cyclist positoning system?

Evil Knevil

Quote from: "A dead Greek guy called Meno"A man cannot inquire either about that which he knows, or about that he does not know: for assuming he knows he has no need to inquire; nor can he inquire about that which he does not know, for he does not know about that which he has to inquire

Can somebody answer Meno's paradox for me?

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: "Evil Knevil"
Quote from: "A dead Greek guy called Meno"A man cannot inquire either about that which he knows, or about that he does not know: for assuming he knows he has no need to inquire; nor can he inquire about that which he does not know, for he does not know about that which he has to inquire

Can somebody answer Meno's paradox for me?

The stock response among Plato scholars is that there are two senses of the word knowledge. There's normal knowledge and knowledge as is familiarity.

A distinction picked up by the french in having savoir and connaitre.

So a man can't enquire into that which he knows because he has no need to inquire and a man cannot inquire into that which he is not familiar with because he doesn't know where to start.

Cerys

Water, dust, complex polymers and custard.  I thought everyone knew that.

lankinpark

I've got an appointment at the Job Centre on Thursday (my birthday. Grrr) and I have to take "written evidence of jobsearch". What exactly does that entail? Letters I've sent out? Replies I've had?

Lady Beaner

Pretty much.  You have to be able to prove that you have actively been looking for employment.

Neil

Didn't they give you a little book to fill in with names of businesses that you've randomly selected from the Yellow Pages?

slim

Quote from: "Neil"Didn't they give you a little book to fill in with names of businesses that you've randomly selected from the Yellow Pages?
I used to ring them up and make sure they weren't looking for anyone before selecting them. :)

lankinpark

Oh good, should be easy enough then. Apart from the fact that I've only had about five replies so far, and I deleted the email ones.

No little book. I've been signing on by post, so it all gets scribbled on a piece of paper and sent to Chelmsford. I should keep a record elsewhere, really, shouldn't I?

LordSnooty

Signing on by post? Are you Prince William or something?

In my day "evidence" just meant exactly what Neil said, writing things down in a book. Yes, I made them all up the night before. I didn't have to bring in newspapers or rejection letters. Though I suppose it's all down to how arsed the clerk is. If you have to turn up, potter around on the Jobbank until the dopey one becomes free.

LordSnooty

Ohh, we can't let this thread sink. When did it become the norm to smile when having your picture taken? When I think of old photos, the subjects are rarely smiling - easily explained as grumpy Victorians, perhaps. But when you think about it, it makes sense - upon the invention of the camera, the idea of smiling might not have automatically been seen as the done thing. Yet, one day, sometime between the start & end of WW2 I reckon, it suddenly became the social norm to smile. Anyone who doesn't smile is branded as "miserable". Just like the victorians. What precipitated this change in attitude? Perhaps the mass ownership of cameras?