Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Affairs - Can You Think Of Any?

Started by 12 Storey Crisis, March 03, 2004, 03:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm currently writing up a side-panel to go along with an interview I did with Neil Morrissey recently. Morrissey, (in)famously, had an affair with Les Dennis' wife, Amanda Holden, four years ago. For the side panel, I want to do a brief summation of other notorious celebrity affairs. Unfortunately, although you'd think there'd be dozens of obvious examples, I can't think of any at the moment.
Any suggestions?

Might have to go back to the drawing board if I can't scrape together enough interesting material...

mook

Wasn't there a little dalience between Jonathon Ross' wife and Sean Hughes recently? or is that something else I've dreamt and then convinced myself is real?

elderford

Turn of the 17/18 Centuries: Admiral Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton "Their spouses accepted the situation but English society looked down on this relationship."

Regular John

moomin

I think Eric Clapton had an affair with (and possibly even went on to marry) George Harrison's first wife Patty Boyd if that's of any interest

Ambient Sheep

This may help (with thanks to AY for its original posting back in the mists of time):
http://www.geocities.com/mnussitch/gossip.html

Vermschneid Mehearties

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "moomin"I think Eric Clapton had an affair with (and possibly even went on to marry) George Harrison's first wife Patty Boyd if that's of any interest
Other way round, wasn't it?  Clapton was going out with Patty Boyd, who then went off with Harrison, causing Clapton to develop massive substance problems and write "Layla" about her.

Reverend Minge

Didn't Jonathan Ross's wife have an affair with one of the Barenaked Ladies? Mind you, there's enough of HER to go around. Dear me.

Ambient Sheep

Paul Gambaccini and Limahl out of Kajagoogoo.  Yes, yes, I know most of you don't know who he is.

(Dunno if that counts as an affair anyway, as there was no unwitting third party involved.  I don't think this is what he's looking for, actually.)

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Reverend Minge"Didn't Jonathan Ross's wife have an affair with one of the Barenaked Ladies? Mind you, there's enough of HER to go around. Dear me.
To be honest, I hear she's had affairs with loads and loads of people, which is probably why poor Jonathan feels the need to try and reassert his ego by being such a slimy sportswoman-groping git these days.

mook

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "Reverend Minge"Didn't Jonathan Ross's wife have an affair with one of the Barenaked Ladies? Mind you, there's enough of HER to go around. Dear me.
To be honest, I hear she's had affairs with loads and loads of people, which is probably why poor Jonathan feels the need to try and reassert his ego by being such a slimy sportswoman-groping git these days.

Ouch, bit unfair calling the poor old cuckold slimey. I quite like him, well his saturday morning R2 show anyway. Although, if she has had a habit of playing away it might explain his fondness for  mentioning his wife and kids about every 20 minutes on the show.

Do you reckon Wossie's wife would get into the mutton dressed as lamb catagory AY?. Shit is this going to turn into one of those threads that makes TJ chuckle so much?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "hoverdonkey"Libel action ahoy here
Which bit are you talking about?  If you mean about Ross' wife, it's been in all the tabloids and shit, it's not idle gossip.

Or was it me calling him a "slimy sportswoman-groping git"?  :-)

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "mook"Ouch, bit unfair calling the poor old cuckold slimey. I quite like him, well his saturday morning R2 show anyway.
I've gone into my dislike of Ross and my reasons behind it at length elsewhere (a thread in CC), although it's now vanished and I can't be arsed to retype it all.  Suffice it to say, I used to like him, now I don't, especially since he's ruined They Think It's All Over, and his petulant behaviour on his Never Mind The Buzzcocks appearances.  And that TV quiz thing he did was appalling.  Oh and the way he slobbers over his guests on his chat show...

TraceyQ

TJ

Quote from: "mook"Do you reckon Wossie's wife would get into the mutton dressed as lamb catagory AY?. Shit is this going to turn into one of those threads that makes TJ chuckle so much?

It's currently hovering around the 'Iain Lee's Third Year Homework' mark on the chortleomoter...

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "TraceyQ"I'd still shag it.
What's that special stuff they do that gets oil out of seabirds' feathers?  I'll get you some in, ready like.

mook

As bad as that is it. Blimey.

There was a link posted here in the before times that detailed the behaviour of the Hollywood lot in the 1920's-1940's it made quite salacious reading especially concerning Clara Bow.  Why if we have to have celebrities are they not of that calibre, the woman fucked a whole football team for christ sakes. What do we get these days, Jordan with her head in a perspex ball of creepy crawlies and an ex punk rocker smeared in malasses being half heartedly peaked by bored ostriches. We need more scandals. Not like I care or owt.

moomin

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "moomin"I think Eric Clapton had an affair with (and possibly even went on to marry) George Harrison's first wife Patty Boyd if that's of any interest
Other way round, wasn't it?  Clapton was going out with Patty Boyd, who then went off with Harrison, causing Clapton to develop massive substance problems and write "Layla" about her.

No, George Harrison definately married her first, in the mid sixties.

TraceyQ

She was married to Harrison and she buggered off with Clapton after he wrote songs about her.

butnut

Quote from: "TraceyQ"She was married to Harrison and she buggered off with Clapton after he wrote songs about her.

Hmm. Maybe I should try that as a pulling tactic. I could be a wandering sexual minstrel.

(Could also make a vaguely interesting thread in SE, but it's probably been done to death over there.)

No worries, I've scrapped the idea cos I realised it's shit.

For some reason, the thought of Paul Gambaccini having an affair with someone from Kajagoogoo made me laugh hysterically. Gambaccini is the American bloke who turns up on Channel 4's Top Ten shows, right? Usually credited as "pop affairs expert" or some such.

In many ways, the story is funnier if its untrue, which I suspect it is (although maybe it's common knowledge and I've just never come across it before....)

Anyways, happy days for the legal community after reading this thread, no question.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "12 Storey Crisis"For some reason, the thought of Paul Gambaccini having an affair with someone from Kajagoogoo made me laugh hysterically. Gambaccini is the American bloke who turns up on Channel 4's Top Ten shows, right? Usually credited as "pop affairs expert" or some such.
Yup, that's him, looks a little bit like Robin Williams.

QuoteIn many ways, the story is funnier if its untrue, which I suspect it is (although maybe it's common knowledge and I've just never come across it before....)
The latter...it's common knowledge.  Christ, I even heard it in my sixth form at school (1982).  Allegedly he was going out with Limahl *before* the band became famous and while PG was still an active Radio 1 DJ.  Ahem.

I sit corrected on the Harrison - Boyd - Clappo mess, by the way, I wasn't 100% sure.  Didn't Boyd then leave Clappo for someone else though?

Oh, and rumour has it that Harrison's "Something" was written about Boyd too.  She must have been one hell of a woman.

I heard that Andi Peters had a brief fling with Tony Hart.  Of course, that might just be me wishing it were true

TJ

"...that noise means we've dipped below E3".

Tokyo Sexwhale

I can't be bothered to check whether Sven and Ulrika has been mentioned yet.  Or Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles.

Silver SurferGhost

How's about I raise the cultural level of this thread (in PLC's absence) by mentioning Joan Bakewell and that Harold Potter bloke,
as detailed in that recent book what she wrote?

Pinter, that was it, Harold Pinter. Writes odd plays, married a Lady.
He was in that film, Harry Pinter and The Theatre of Lengthy Pauses.

They were celebrities in the sixties and seventies, damn you all, when I was young, YOUNG!!

butnut

John Major and Edwina Curry?

(There must be a joke in there somewhere...)

Just to reiterate folks:

Quote from: "12 Storey Crisis"I've scrapped the idea cos I realised it's shit.