Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Give Nathan Barley a more appropriate rating on lovefilm.com

Started by The Plaque Goblin, October 14, 2005, 10:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansen mork

I wkl,ent over thhhere and o pis./;sed all over the wexxxbsite. I think i damagfged my keyboabrd.

The Plaque Goblin

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The Plaque Goblin

phantom_power

is this some kind of satire or are you actually a cunt?

TJ

phantom_power

stopping a democracy of people expressing their opinion, very right on.

TJ

Admittedly two wrongs don't make a right, but where was all this disapproval when the polls on here were flooded/rigged?

alan strang

Quote from: "phantom_power"stopping a democracy of people expressing their opinion, very right on.

Adding to that democracy by expressing an alternate opinion. Yup, pretty right on I'd say.

slim

How is it rigging anyway? You have to have an account and have watched it to vote. I presume people will be giving their honest opinions? I know I didn't run over there and stick a 1 on it just for the hell of it. I gave it a 3, as that's what I thought it was worth.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Nobody would object if somebody urged people to raise a show's rating would they?

alan strang

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"Nobody would object if somebody urged people to raise a show's rating would they?

Ah, forget it, Mike - some people will never work that one out. It's written in Hebrew on the head of a fucking pin.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"Nobody would object if somebody urged people to raise a show's rating would they?

Well, if it was crap yes they would.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

If someone tried to raise a rating, nobody would really care, even if they hated the show - it would probably be seen as perfectly sporting, an acceptable way of promoting a show you love etc. Trying to get a rating lowered, however, is seen as the behaviour of cunts. I don't know why that is.

phantom_power

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"If someone tried to raise a rating, nobody would really care, even if they hated the show - it would probably be seen as perfectly sporting, an acceptable way of promoting a show you love etc. Trying to get a rating lowered, however, is seen as the behaviour of cunts. I don't know why that is.

if someone started a thread on here saying "hey everybody, lets get the rating for nathan barley on lovefilme raised as high as possible" we would see how wrong you were.

phantom_power

Quote from: "slim"How is it rigging anyway? You have to have an account and have watched it to vote. I presume people will be giving their honest opinions? I know I didn't run over there and stick a 1 on it just for the hell of it. I gave it a 3, as that's what I thought it was worth.

it isn't rigging but it is pathetic. playing to the gallery if you will

TJ

alan strang

Quote from: "phantom_power"t isn't rigging but it is pathetic. playing to the gallery if you will

Well I reckon you're a homo.

Deadman97

Quote from: "TJ"where was all this disapproval when the polls on here were flooded/rigged?
So why not look at it as a fresh, clean opportunity to see what people who've seen it actually thought of it? No-one was going to be rigging that poll until you came along, and it would've been made up of people who didn't have comedy cognoscenti wankers whispering "it's shit, it's shit" at them months before it was shown.

Jemble Fred

Perhaps a filter which prevented anyone from making any new threads with the words 'Nathan Barley' in the title might be a good idea.

alan strang

Quote from: "Deadman97"So why not look at it as a fresh, clean opportunity to see what people who've seen it actually thought of it? No-one was going to be rigging that poll until you came along, and it would've been made up of people who didn't have comedy cognoscenti wankers whispering "it's shit, it's shit" at them months before it was shown.

Indeed, and why not look at the idea living in trees as a fresh clean opportunity to experience the alternative to walking around upright on two legs. But let the people who've chosen evolution have their say too, eh?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "Deadman97"it would've been made up of people who didn't have comedy cognoscenti wankers whispering "it's shit, it's shit" at them months before it was shown.

Yes, those pesky people and their 'other opinions', coming along and spoiling everything.

Deadman97

Quote from: "alan strang"Indeed, and why not look at the idea living in trees as a fresh clean opportunity to experience the alternative to walking around upright on two legs. But let the people who've chosen evolution have their say too, eh?
Oh balls. Evolution? What, we had our poll rigged so lets go and do it to someone else? Sounds like someone didn't want Barley getting an untampered positive response from the non CaB public- maybe it wasn't all that bad after all, eh?

lazyhour

But... but.... it was relatively bad.  The people giving it good scores on that site will, let's face it, most likely be unquestioning, unthinking GodLikeGenius Morris Drones, as almost no-one else actually watched the bloody thing.  I think this thread idea is pointless, yes, but not really unreasonable.  Anyone voting from this site will be giving their true opinion.  So what's the problem?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

But you talk about the NB-likers as innocent people who hitherto enjoyed a comedy show, only to have their enjoyment spoiled by people saying 'It's shit, it's shit'. Surely that's just a case of people changing their mind on the basis of hearing other arguments?

slim

Quote from: "phantom_power"it isn't rigging but it is pathetic. playing to the gallery if you will
Has anyone even done it? I know I did rate it and I hadn't before (mainly 'cos I'd not looked at the DVD on Lovefilm at all), but I was only giving my opinion. I doubt there were many who gave a 1 vote without good reason.