Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:55:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Deadman 97's Effort - Contains Spoilers

Started by Abbie, October 21, 2005, 11:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbie

Right, i've deliberated, cogitated and digested this mix about 504 times. I've played it at work, home, whilst out walking the dog and whilst driving in my car. I've danced to it in seven different outfits.

Overall a fab compilation that spans Antony and Johnsons right through to Boards of Canada, Slayer and to various other 'noisy' hairy types. At 22 tracks long it's not for the faint hearted, but it kept me interested all the way through meaning I didn't feel the need to skip any tracks.

My absolute favourite track which I thought I had heard previously on THE BEST TV SHOW EVAAR (Sopranos) is Monster Magnet - See You In Hell. Did I dream that? What's all this talk of Jersey landfills? If it's not on the soundtrack it should be.

There are a few i've got already - A&J, BOC, The Roots, Aimee Mann - but I hadn't listened to them in a while so it was nice to hear them again - particularly The Roots. Other keepers from the CD include Death from Above 1979, Fischerspooner, The Mad Capsule Markets, Dead Kennedys and Atmosphere.

Presentation was good - it included a tracklisting but I hid this until I had given the CD a proper listen (I only knew a couple of them anyway); delivery was prompt.

An A for Deadman97.  I suspect there's only one other CD that will top this one, and that's mine.

:)

smoker

i just got this today, and i've listened to the first ten or so tracks twice now. some i love, some i hate, but overall i'd say this is the best i've had so far. i should say though that i didn't really have enough time to give abbie's cd justice.

favourite tracks at the moment are the roots - seed 2 and grand buffet's things that go bunp.

i thought that format track would have sounded good at the start as well