Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:01:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The "Overlooked" Movies Of Francis Ford Coppola

Started by 12 Storey Crisis, March 03, 2004, 10:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Specifically, are The Outsiders, Peggy Sue Got Married and The Cotton Club worth seeing?

I've read Richard Kelly say that Peggy Sue was a significant influence on the production design for Donnie Darko, but I've heard mixed reports about the movie itself.

Quick with your opinions people, I might pop out and rent one of these mamas before the video store closes (12).

I suppose I have to go to work tomorrow, but I do work for a music magazine and the fact is that no one gives a shit if I'm not in until lunch anyway (the observation of puncuality is perfunctory at best...check the alliteration in that sentence)

Joy Nktonga

The Outsiders is well worth a look. Dunno 'bout the other two though. Haven't seen Peggy Sue... since I was about 15 or something.

Yeah, fuck it, I'm gonna go and get The Outsiders. I loved Rumblefish and I believe they're both based on SE Hinton novels, so well worth a look methinks. Also, might check out Peggy Sue just out of curiosity.

dan dirty ape

All of those are worth seeing. Just stop short of 'Jack' and 'The Rainmaker', wontcha?

fbb bastard

Quote from: "dan dirty ape"All of those are worth seeing. Just stop short of 'Jack' and 'The Rainmaker', wontcha?

not forgetting that hideous piece of shit that was split into three pieces by franny, marty s and woody allen

dan dirty ape

The Woody Allen bit, 'Oedipus Wrecks', is actually pretty good. (His mum is played by the voice of Betty Boop, 'fact fans')  But. yes. Scorsese and Coppola's pieces suck.