Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:00:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Police Raids etc on albums

Started by mr. nice guy, October 25, 2005, 06:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr. nice guy

I've been listening to Jazzie B Presents: Soul II Soul At The Africa Centre which ends on a great note - an audio of a live police raid, presumably at an early Soul II Soul rave/warehouse party. The music stops, there's a bit of shuffling going on and then this policeman's voice, saying "This is a raid, stay calm. You will be spoken to by an officer " etc

Are there any other albums out there with similar incidents on?

I used to listen to a lot of old live rave tapes which every so often would have some kind of incident usually involving some sort of raid. The best I remember though was when the music stopped and the MC pronounced (sounding really pissed off ) "Can we get a Paramedic down here, someone's fucking collapsed" there's a load of movement going on in the background and he pipes up again "OK, this is a rave, if you can't handle dancing down the front, just go to the fucking back, now shut the fucking doors and let's dance"