Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Up Against It

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, October 25, 2005, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Passing Turk Slipper

Hello. I recieved this last week and have given it one listen so far but I'm gonna need to listen to it a couple more times before I can write a review of it. That might not be until next week though as I am too annoyingly fucking busy with stuff at the moment and am so bloody stressed I want my head to explode. Should be fine though, and I must say I really liked the cd, it's exactly what I wanted to get out of this tree, but more on that later. Thanks Marginal & Troublesome and sorry for being so late in letting you know I got it.

Marginal & Troublesome

Well, I listened to this one in the car yesterday and I think it's cracking... but I suppose I would say that, wouldn't I?

A Passing Turk Slipper

Whoops, a review is on it's way, honest. Just had lots of work on, but I will write one this week, hopefully before the next person. It's clear you put a lot of work into it though, the track order specifically is great.

Marginal & Troublesome

No worries slippery one, just wanted to provoke a response!  There's a Larkin poem, Toads - it starts something like "Why do I let the toad work squat on my chest?  Can't I use my wit as a pitchfork and toss the brute off?"

I'm having similar work overload - hence the title.  It's also the Joe Orton script for a film for The Beatles...  John peace, Yoko peace...

It's all to do with juxtaposition, rubbing songs up against one another and squeezing out sparks...

No Graham Parker and the Rumour.  No Sparks.  Too many dots...

MonkeyDrummer

Just to say, I've been listening to this one for over a week now and it's fucking brilliant. Exactly what I've been looking for, barely an artist I recognise but a great CD to listen to. Well put together, good quality. I aint gonna blag some stuff off it though, I'm gonna copy the whole thing.

Thanks.

Make me smile

I've got this one, I PMd M&T on the QT ASAP after, erm, getting it, to say how good it was.

Tis very good, but I haven't found time to do a review, not because I am busy, but because I am lazy.