Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,310
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:33:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starsky and Hutch: The Movie and Eurotrip

Started by TOCMFIC, March 04, 2004, 07:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOCMFIC

Well, I've seen this... My last outing with Ben and Owen was the extremely entertaining "Zoolander", so I expected good things from the S&H movie...

What a pile of festering shite. The funniest bit is in the trailers (the characters deciding which women they want)... There's about 3 funny scenes, and even Snoop Dog largely limped from scene to scene. (Except for his one line near the end involving a golf club. To say more would be a spoilery)... Owen was great as always... And Ben... Well, at least he was good in Zoolander and The Royal Tenenbaums...

So incredibly disappointed with the movie:(

Eurotrip, which I expected to suck dog balls, actually had me laughing my ass off at some points, especially the creepy Italian guy. And Vinnie Jones was fucking hysterical. Kind of "American Pie does Europe".

So, to sum up, I expected Starsky and Hutch to rock, it didn't. I expected Eurotrip to suck, it didn't.

I just want to warn people off the S&H movie as it was such a huge letdown...

Ah eurotrip contains the girl who was my one and only entrant to the "do you know who i fancy' thread... you know, the one that resulted in you all calling me a pedo :'(

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "TOCMFIC"My last outing with Ben and Owen was the extremely entertaining "Zoolander"

You are unfit to even watch movies, let alone review them.

TOCMFIC

Hey, I fully expected Zoolander to suck ass, but was pleasantly surprised. Why?

Owen Wilson. I just dig that guy.

Will Ferrel: After seeing Elf, he's no longer on my "everything he does rules" list, but he's great in this.

Two of the celeb cameos: I won't spoil them, but the one that had me laughing was the walkoff judge.

The 2001 parody.

David Duchovny

Sure, it's not high art, but I saw it expecting nothing good, and it provided a fair few laughs. (Good commentary track too.)

And just to annoy Munday, they shot a scene with Michelle Trachtenberg flashing her breasts for Eurotrip. Got to see it all apparently, but they found out she was only 17 when they shot it, so they left it out of the movie but it MIGHT be on the DVD apparently. And yes, she's turning into quite the stunner now.

Zoolander was awful, probably one of the worst films I've ever seen, so I won't bother with Eurotrip either.

Mr Flunchy

I remember one particularly boring night back home a year or two ago, someone put on Zoolander.  After 15 minutes of shite EVERYONE watching agreed we should do something else.  There's not many things that can unite a family like that.

And for that, I salute you Zoolander.

elderford

mrpants

When I saw it first in the cinema I thought it was ok, but then it grew on me.  Now I like it a lot, mostly for Owen Wilson.

Have you seen Rushmore which he co-wrote?  Very very good.

In fact, I think everything I've seen him in I've enjoyed (although I have seen the Haunted or Behind Enemy Lines).

king mob

Zoolander was ok but not as good as Mystery Men;)

Quote from: "TOCMFIC"
And just to annoy Munday, they shot a scene with Michelle Trachtenberg flashing her breasts for Eurotrip. Got to see it all apparently, but they found out she was only 17 when they shot it, so they left it out of the movie but it MIGHT be on the DVD apparently. And yes, she's turning into quite the stunner now.

She was only 17 when they made eurotrip?! and that was what... last year?

...oh fuck.

Ok so it turns out I obviously am then.

Shit.

I was sure she was in her early twenties by now and maybe 17 in buffy.

mook

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "TOCMFIC"Hey, I fully expected Zoolander to suck ass, but was pleasantly surprised.

Sharp contrast to my experience then. i expected it to suck ass, but not to be actively rimming as well.

Miss IMD (against my advice) decided to rent it. She fell asleep after half an hour, I doggedly fought on for another 20 minutes before realising that no matter how much beer I drank, this movie was a total waste of life.

It is in fact only the second movie I have not watched to its bitter end - the other being Kehoonyphoonys awful 'Chain Reaction', which my brother recommended to me out of sheer spite.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"I remember one particularly boring night back home a year or two ago, someone put on Zoolander.  After 15 minutes of shite EVERYONE watching agreed we should do something else.

Has anyone seen a  Wesley Snipes film called "Liberty stands still"? That's the only film I've known to do that to a group of people. It's... bah, you have to see it to realise how rubbish it is, a bit like "Dare to Believe"...

Quote from: "TOCMFIC"And just to annoy Munday, they shot a scene with Michelle Trachtenberg flashing her breasts for Eurotrip. Got to see it all apparently, but they found out she was only 17 when they shot it, so they left it out of the movie but it MIGHT be on the DVD apparently.

So everyone, including Michelle herself, forgot she was 17 years old and filmed it anyway? Sounds like a marketing ploy to me.

kidsick5000

Zoolander was great.
It was banned over here because of political sensibilties, and not just because it has the fucking typical hollywoodism of anything from the far east being being classed as asian ( see also Big Fish )and therefore chinese. hence the Prime minister of Malaysia being, what a surprise, chinese. To put it in our terms, its like casting the  beatles with frenchmen. its that much of an oversight.

Yes. The walk off judge is a moment of genius.
And the whole Frankie Goes To Hollywood joke is one of those strange moments when americans come up with a gag that youd only expect someone british to come up with.

Starsky and Hutch i get the feeling is something that looks great on paper, but in practice...well.

TOCMFIC

Starsky and Hutch failed miserably. What amuses the piss out of me is I didn't even realise one of the two female characters in it was Carmen Electra... There's a few bits that are homages/rip off's of the TV show...

At least I can now remember which one is Starsky and which one is Hutch now...

Eurotrip: Trachtenberg was 14 or 15 when she started in Buffy. I think she's probably 18 now. As for showing her breasts... I dunno. I know the laws in the US are nothing sexual until you're 18. That's why in the first American Pie you don't actually see Finch have sex, because the actor was only 17.

Zoolander: I bought the DVD. (used I might add.) Put it on once and turned it off within ten minutes, but a few weeks later I was looking for something totally moronic and vacuous and put it on. It IS dumb as hell, but I found so much of it likeable. Only movie that I've ever really liked Stiller in. (He was largely inoffensive in The Royal Tenenbaums too.)

And Owen Wilson could just sit on a chair for 90 minutes not saying anything and he'd ooze cool.

hencole

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"
Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"I remember one particularly boring night back home a year or two ago, someone put on Zoolander.  After 15 minutes of shite EVERYONE watching agreed we should do something else.

Has anyone seen a  Wesley Snipes film called "Liberty stands still"? That's the only film I've known to do that to a group of people. It's... bah, you have to see it to realise how rubbish it is, a bit like "Dare to Believe"...

Charlies Angels 2 did that for me, though we did sit watching it for a while going 'what the fuck is this all abou then'.