Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Coca Cola to cease production of Vanilla Coke

Started by 23 Daves, November 03, 2005, 10:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What flavour Coke do you drink?

Just ordinary, thank you
33 (25.8%)
Vanilla
17 (13.3%)
Diet
16 (12.5%)
Cherry
29 (22.7%)
That Skanky New Lemon Flavour
4 (3.1%)
No thank you, I don't, it can strip metal off coins, and just think what it does to your stomach, and they're a corporate whore blah blah blah
29 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: November 03, 2005, 10:43:54 PM

23 Daves

This is a sad day for me.  You see, Coke for me is a bit of an average drink, the default fizzy drink rather than anything interesting really, and almost never drank it, until Vanilla Coke came along.  To me, this drink was like the best of both worlds - the taste tang of Cream Soda combined with the classic taste of Cola.  Now look what they're doing to my thrills:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4405262.stm

Will any of you miss this?  It's genuinely one of the only fizzy drinks I touch these days, so I really am a bit miffed, I'm not joking here.  I feel almost as bad as when they stopped making alcoholic ginger beer in the UK.

Lee

Is it just me, or does all Coca Cola stuff taste exactly the same? Except the the diet one, which tastes even worse.

Mister Six

imitationleather

Bah, what's wrong with the Foreign Coke thread, eh? My finest hour etc.

Anyway, I firmly believe that there is no beating original Coca-Cola. I tried Coca-Cola with Lemon the other week and it was foul, I couldn't even finish it. Not sure if I ever tried Vanilla Coke, but it doesn't sound as rubbish as Coca-Cola with Lemon. Christ, I'm retching just thinking about it.

Captain Crunch

23 Daves

Quote from: "imitationleather"Bah, what's wrong with the Foreign Coke thread, eh? My finest hour etc.

Anyway, I firmly believe that there is no beating original Coca-Cola. I tried Coca-Cola with Lemon the other week and it was foul, I couldn't even finish it. Not sure if I ever tried Vanilla Coke, but it doesn't sound as rubbish as Coca-Cola with Lemon. Christ, I'm retching just thinking about it.

Yep, that's the worst thing about all this - they're still focussing their efforts on Lemon Coke production.  I mean, that stuff is only good for spitting.  It's dreadful.  I appreciate the idea behind the concept - it's rather like drinking it with a slice of lemon in a pub - but it just tastes unbelievably chemically rank.  

Sainsbury's used to make "Coke with a twist of lemon" years ago, but they stopped making it because it was vile and their customers had no interest in it.  You'd think the marketing people at Coke would have learnt something from them.

mikeyg27

Y'know how they made Vanilla Coke? They bought a load of Vanilla fragranced House Cleaner, and sprayed it into Coke. It is a glorious day that they've ceased making the purile shit.

Frinky

Quote from: "Lee"Is it just me, or does all Coca Cola stuff taste exactly the same? Except the the diet one, which tastes even worse.

You have no tastebuds. I'm sorry.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Pepsi is better anyway.  With real lemon slices.

Suttonpubcrawl

I don't really understand the appeal of coke. I mean, it's just not a very interesting or pleasant drink.

Mr. Analytical

I was in switzerland recently and I tried Cappucino flavoured Pepsi and it was rather lovely.

apart from that...

Cherry Cocke Massive!  Hooray!

DuncanC

Someone described it as like a marshmallow had farted in their Coke. I wasn't able to drink it after that.

imitationleather

I remember when Diet Coke with Lemon first came out, I was intrigued by the idea and bought some. I don't know if it was because my youthful tastebuds hadn't fully developed yet or if I just wasn't used to Diet Coke (I don't drink Diet Coke, I'm a male), but it actually didn't taste that bad. Actually, it couldn't have been the latter because normal Diet Coke is a fizzy abomination and is surely only drunk by slimmers who mistakenly believe it's going to help them lose weight.

Anyway, when I saw that they'd made it for Real Coke I had to try it and you know the rest... Argh! The flashbacks! This is worse than Jacob's Ladder!

You know there's something missing in your life when... You write an anecdote that long about drinking Coke.

Lee

Quote from: "Frinky"
Quote from: "Lee"Is it just me, or does all Coca Cola stuff taste exactly the same? Except the the diet one, which tastes even worse.

You have no tastebuds. I'm sorry.
Don't apologise, I know I'm right, and that's all I need.

Suttonpubcrawl

I like a nice diet coke, it makes me high.

edit: I don't like the taste

InfiniteFury

Oh FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUCK FUCKING CUNTS I knew they would do this I fucking knew it. It's the only fizzy drink I really like, 'course production's being stopped.

CUNTS. One more reason to hate everything.

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"I don't really understand the appeal of coke. I mean, it's just not a very interesting or pleasant drink.

It is quite interesting. More interesting than Pepsi. Haven't you ever done the coke interest test? Get a can of Pepsi and a can of coca cola and ask them what they did during the war. Coca will regail you with stories of storming nazi castles during a full moon. Pepsi just goes on about taking down the railings of Chetterton Primary school to make bombheads with.

Slipper

A workmate of mine bought me a bottle of  the vanilla version  when it first came out.  I thought it tasted horrible, I could hardly drink it.

I do miss root beer from Mcdonalds though, now that was nice, if a little gassy.

chand

Quote from: "Lee"Is it just me, or does all Coca Cola stuff taste exactly the same?

No. My dad decided to procure six 2-litre bottle of Lemon Coke because he knows he's the only fucker in our house that'll drink it. Lemon Coke is terrible. Vanilla Coke was very different to normal Coke, but I wouldn't drink it all the time.

On the downside, thinking of Vanilla Coke does sometimes remind me of last year's brief Vanilla Monster Munch debacle though. Ugh.

Mr. Analytical

Lemon coke is terrible, but lime coke is god's own love juice.

Ambient Sheep

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you I knew it was coming, when it disappeared out of Asda's coke fridges a couple of weeks ago.

The lemon stuff is repulsive, how can that still be going?  And the lime stuff just takes like normal coke anyway, only slightly more so, if that makes any sense.  Haven't tried the cherry version.

I might actually ring their freefone number and complain.  Perhaps that's what they want?  Publicity stunt to boost sales of it?

InfiniteFury

I'm getting the insane impression from this thread that all of us have different tastes when it comes to soft drinks. I wonder if this bizarre rule could be applied to all forms of sustenance?

Gazeuse

Diet coke is good for hangovers, but fizzy water is best for drinkin'.

Pinball

What repulses me is the fact that vanilla Coke contains no vanilla, and lemon Coke contains no lemon. They seem to go out of their way to use artificial flavourings (no doubt for commercial "secret formula" reasons), when the natural ingredients would be far better! The day vanilla Coke smells of vanilla is the day I'll drink it again.

imitationleather

Quote from: "Pinball"The day vanilla Coke smells of vanilla is the day I'll drink it again.

Errrr... Shall you tell him or shall I?

Pinball

TJ

Pepotamo1985

Is it just me, or has the vanilla flavouring of vanilla coke rapidly diminished over the past two years? When it was first available in the UK I found it virtually undrinkable due to the overpowering synthetic vanilla flavouring contained within. Recently, I've greatly enjoyed the odd vanilla coke - even though cherry coke is far superior, pepsi is the better black fizzy, and root beer rules all.

imitationleather

I could never marry a woman who prefers Pepsi to Coca-Cola. We'd never be able to sort out which drink to serve at the reception, for a start...

No votes for Lemon Coke. There's got to be someone out there drinking it apart from chand's dad!