Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:39:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Coca Cola to cease production of Vanilla Coke

Started by 23 Daves, November 03, 2005, 10:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What flavour Coke do you drink?

Just ordinary, thank you
33 (25.8%)
Vanilla
17 (13.3%)
Diet
16 (12.5%)
Cherry
29 (22.7%)
That Skanky New Lemon Flavour
4 (3.1%)
No thank you, I don't, it can strip metal off coins, and just think what it does to your stomach, and they're a corporate whore blah blah blah
29 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: November 03, 2005, 10:43:54 PM

Smackhead Kangaroo

Actually i tried V-coke once and it can't have made much of an impression becaue I haven't the faintest idea what it tasted like.

However I did like Cherry coke generally until a strange period when it became near completely flavourless to me. I was completely baffled at the time, everything else tasted thae same. Of course I tested it on a couple of occasions to see if it wasn't just a bad batch.

Utter Shit

I don't like Vanilla Coke, it smells like sick.

To be honest I'm still furious that they shelved Mountain Dew a few years, that stuff was fucking delicious. Any time I see someone drinking any soft drink, I see them as something of a traitor, and partly responsible for the downfall of Mountain Dew. That's the one thing the Yanks have got right, selling Mountain Dew and even creating a few spin-offs, such as Mountain Dew Code Red. Bastard Yanks always take away stuff I like, they stole Big Red from me as well and I loved that.

Frinky

Quote from: "imitationleather"No votes for Lemon Coke. There's got to be someone out there drinking it apart from chand's dad!

Lemon Coke is ok, but Lime Pepsi Max is God Piss, it really is.

The Fanciful Norwegian

No Coke variant is as bad as Pepsi Holiday Spice. It's basically Pepsi flavored with what tastes like potpourri, but it sells for half the price of regular Pepsi so I guess it's popular with cheapskates. Luckily it's only sold a couple of months out of the year.

Utter Shit

I like Lemon Coke, in fact I bought two bottles of the stuff today. Only because they go out of date soon and were 30p, mind. Still, good stuff. Weirdly, it tastes a bit rank from the bottle, but if you pour it into a cup it's really nice.

Ambient Sheep

Vanilla Coke (normal) is a bit overpowering I agree, but the Diet version rocks.

Smackhead Kangaroo

I can't drink any diet soft drink, it's obviously lighter and clearly has somehow had its matter dispersed so that it's less dense in some Star Trek device
I think what I'm getting at is thet diet drinks always taste like they got the regular drinks and sucked their soul out.

I'm for root beer

Mr Skinnylegs

Irn Bru for me, thanks. I find Coke unpleasant, and Diet Coke to me is just undrinkable shite.

Rev

Quote from: "Slipper"I do miss root beer from Mcdonalds though, now that was nice, if a little gassy.

Do they not sell that anymore?  That was the only McDonalds product that I liked.  Although if I'm not sure whether they're still selling the stuff or not I've hardly been voting with my feet, and so on.

Cerys

I don't drink Coke any more - not since I gave up caffeinated drinks.  However, for all of you poor bereft Vanilla Cokeheads, I leave you this gift:

Vanilla Essence

- you can find it on the baking shelves* of your local supermarket, and by adding only a few drops** to your cola of choice, heaven can be yours again.

* Shelves stacked with things used in baking, not stretches of very hot chipboard.
** A few drops.  The stuff is highly concentrated.  Start with 1-3 drops per glass, and increase only if necessary.  If in doubt, invest in a pipette.

Rubbish Monkey

Cherry Coke for me. Mmmmmm.

Cyber Candy are selling (expensive) Raspberry Coke. Only available in New Zealand. They also have a large selection of other imported fizzy drinks that all sound tempting. Wild Cherry Pepsi anyone?

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/

RFT

I can;t say I'm that surprised coke are dropping vanilla- it's been hard to find in shops for 6 months already. still disaappointed, I liked it as it was a smoother drink than plain coke.

Mr. Analytical

AAAAARGH Fuck you Rubbish Monkey!  Why did you have to post that site?  now I have to order Mountain Dew Code Red :-(

Chers penis

I voted for normal coke but in truth i'm a pepsi man, it's the only drink which actually makes you feel you could have a heart attack before you finish the can.

kjkinky

I will happily uphold Raspberry coke as great, very odd flavour combination but works...

on a side note they have a shop in Brighton which my GF spent far too much in last time we went...

Brad

I've heard Coca Cola is great for cleaning toilets of the limescale build up. Disgusting acidic tasteless over fizzy revolting stuff. How can anyone drink this overpriced toothrotting crap. All flavours of Coca Cola are putrid. I guess it's a Marmite type love/hate thing. Oh and I hate Marmite too.

imitationleather

I just remembered that I have drunk Vanilla Coke. When it first came out the cans were in virtually identical packaging to normal Coke and so my nan kept buying it for me by accident.

Didn't much care for it at all, it must be said.

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: "Brad"I've heard Coca Cola is great for cleaning toilets of the limescale build up. Disgusting acidic tasteless over fizzy revolting stuff. How can anyone drink this overpriced toothrotting crap. All flavours of Coca Cola are putrid. I guess it's a Marmite type love/hate thing. Oh and I hate Marmite too.

Sounds to me like someone needs a hug!

The Duck Man

I drink fuck loads of Coke. I don't drink and really like the stuff, thus it's all I drink apart from water. I've got quite a reputation for drinking the stuff now I'm at Uni.

You know what I really hate...when I'm offered Coke at someone's house. I accept it and they bring me fucking Diet, which tastes rank. It's not the same! It's like offered me coffee and bring me tea - just because they're both hot and come in a mug doesn't make the same, does it?!

Only original, only original...

Lady Beaner

I love Diet Coke.  I call the original Coke, 'Fat Coke'.  It makes me feel dirty after I have drunk it, like my teeth are covered in a sugar blanket.

My assistant drinks shitloads of Diet Coke.  I maybe drink one can a day.  By 12pm today he had already drunk SEVEN cans of the stuff.  Not to mention the cappucinos and fags.  He claims that next week he will only be drinking orange juice.

Nuts 'n Gum

Vanilla Coke is foul, it just tastes..well you cant drink it. It tastes like chemicals. It looks like Coke, it's packaged like Coke, but man, it's not Coke!
Diet Coke with Lemon is just slightly weird really, although I haven't tried the Lime one yet.
Agreed about people offering you Coke and giving you Diet, it tastes awful.

Peking O

You can get Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper over here. It's quite nice, but I voted for Lemon Coke in the poll, which doesn't seem to be tickling the tastebuds of folks around here.

variant

Vanilla Coke was the best drink in the world. All other attempts to fuck around with my favourite drink have made it taste like shit (the diet and caffeine free efforts), washing up liquid (the lemon and lime muck) or god only know but it sure ain't coke (cherry - who thought of that anyway - at least the lemon one makes sense).

But the vanilla one was an improvement. even the diet version was drinkable.

Now they've stopped making vanilla coke i'm going to stop drinking coke altogether and burn my white stripes album (I only got 1 cos they're a bit shit anyway).

'Welcome to the world of tango clear mr variant'
'Thankyou. I think I'm going top like it here. Buy one get one free in tesco's you say? Splendid.'

Rolf Harris

I'm no fan of any carbonated drinks, but Vanilla Coke I actually quite liked. It will be missed. Cherry Coke reminds me of my youth, I used to drink that stuff all the time from the age of about 10 to 15.

Jemble Fred

Fizzy pop is for children, for fuck's sake.

Remembers everything he said on the 'Maximum Ages' thread... backs away.

Robin

"Fizzy pop" is most certainly not just for children, Thank you. If  anyones a fellow soft drink enthusiast, then have a look at //www.bevnet.com. Great site. Have a look at the forum. Cailbre of  posters is somewhat varied. I recomend you have a look at Mr Zabe's  posts. he knows his stuff and is incredibly passionate.

Jemble Fred

I entirely lost my taste for fizzy drinks when I hit puberty. Now I simply cannot understand the appeal of carbonating drinks at all. It just makes it slightly unpleasant to drink, and less refreshing.

To my mouth, anyway.

Robin

My brother won't drink carbonated drinks either. He sometimes has a bitter lemon and spends a minute or so twizling it about with a spoon to decarbonate it. I'm a fully fledged soft drink adict im afraid. I need to cut down drastically. Out of interest, does anybody else drink 'malt' ? I love the stuff. Akin to marmite i feel. Not taste wise, i mean loving it or hating it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

You regret buying Vanilla Coke by the third gulp and you realise what a sickly piece of shit it is.

You regret buying it even more when you've finished and you are three times less refreshed than when you started.

Coca Cola's Cherry Coke is the nicest 'spin-off' they do. Cherry actually works. in a drink.

The Foreign Coke Thread is a good 'un.