Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:54:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Coca Cola to cease production of Vanilla Coke

Started by 23 Daves, November 03, 2005, 10:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What flavour Coke do you drink?

Just ordinary, thank you
33 (25.8%)
Vanilla
17 (13.3%)
Diet
16 (12.5%)
Cherry
29 (22.7%)
That Skanky New Lemon Flavour
4 (3.1%)
No thank you, I don't, it can strip metal off coins, and just think what it does to your stomach, and they're a corporate whore blah blah blah
29 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: November 03, 2005, 10:43:54 PM

Smackhead Kangaroo

Quote from: "imitationleather"Apparently in America next year Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke is being released. That sounds like a taste sensation...

This just makes me think of an escelating level of absurdity in product names.
Fanta Z comes to mind actually, and soon it'll be Tizer tuna and cheesecake turbo 2.
You get the drift

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Yeah, I remember having to say 'Is Pepsi OK?' when I worked in a nightclub bar. Some Trades Descriptions Act bollocks, made especially ludicrous when the request came from a pissed bloke spitting in my ear over the strains of Song 2 by Blur. You also had to say 'A large one you mean?' when people asked for a pint, because there's some rule that you can't serve soft drinks by the pint. Well, you can, but you can't call it a pint. I always suspected my manager was talking out of his arse on that one, though.

I used to drink fizzy drinks all the time, but I hardly ever have them now. The first few glugs can still give me an instant hit (in terms of both caffeine and thirst), but then the artificial taste hits me and I find it very hard going.

People generally drink Diet Coke because it's not as treacley and dirty-tasting as normal Coke, don't they? Well I did, anyway. I certainly never thought it would make me lose weight.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Your manager was talking out of his arse on the 'no pints of soft drinks' thing.

Mmmm, Mountain Dew. I do miss that, but I think it was probably one of the main causes of me being overweight for so long. Drank loads of the stuff, delicious. Thanks to Rubbish Monkey, but I don't think I'll order. I'd only get addicted and need a constant supply.

I remember when it got taken off the shelves, the reason given by the schoolyard was that it made your balls shrink. Certainly scared me.

And Pepsi is much better than Coke, obviously.

Clinton Morgan

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"People generally drink Diet Coke because it's not as treacley and dirty-tasting as normal Coke, don't they?

I disagree. Diet Coke is more treacly and dirty-tasting to my tounge's buds. Yeuch I say. I've had no problem with asking for a pint of Coke (though Hook Mild is nicer) so it sounds like your manager was talking out of his arse.

I miss Mountain Dew as well. That and Tab Clear. Vimto is an odd one because soon as you think it is buggered off into non-existence there it is staring you in the face.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

I was also told that snakebites were technically illegal - is that true? Something to do with the amount of alcohol within the pint not being a consistent/regulated amount.

Actually, that must be bollocks because the same argument surely applies to cocktails? Although maybe it was the 'selling it by the pint' thing that was the problem?

Godzilla Bankrolls

My old manager told me that our pub isn't licenced to serve Snakebite, but it sounds like bollocks to me too. What's to stop a customer from buying a half of lager and a half of cider, then mixing it themselves? And if you can't sell Snakebite, why can you sell Black and Tan?

Pseudopath

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"My old manager told me that our pub isn't licenced to serve Snakebite, but it sounds like bollocks to me too. What's to stop a customer from buying a half of lager and a half of cider, then mixing it themselves? And if you can't sell Snakebite, why can you sell Black and Tan?
Well...you'd also have to supply them with the empty pint glass, unless they were going to do the old gulp-half-of-each-and-pour-one-into-the-other routine, which kind of defeats the object.

My local pub refuses to serve Snakebite, but will serve Killer Ribena, which is a double port mixed with a bottle of WKD Blue. Tchoh! This country!

EDIT: I've just googled 'Killer Ribena' and realised that this isn't a national phenomenon, and may be unique to the lovely market town of Banbury. Shiver.

Quote from: "Pseudopath"My local pub refuses to serve Snakebite, but will serve Killer Ribena, which is a double port mixed with a bottle of WKD Blue. Tchoh! This country!

EDIT: I've just googled 'Killer Ribena' and realised that this isn't a national phenomenon, and may be unique to the lovely market town of Banbury. Shiver.

I believe this is known as "cheeky Vimto" in the rest of the country...

Pseudopath

Quote from: "StuBruise"
Quote from: "Pseudopath"My local pub refuses to serve Snakebite, but will serve Killer Ribena, which is a double port mixed with a bottle of WKD Blue. Tchoh! This country!

I believe this is known as "cheeky Vimto" in the rest of the country...
Phew! Now I know what to ask for whenever I escape the grip of Banburyshire.