Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:14:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris to appear in The IT Crowd

Started by InfiniteFury, November 04, 2005, 12:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfiniteFury

What it says in the title - no doubt this has been mentioned and I anticipate a torrent of abuse:

QuoteBrass Eye's Morris makes TV return in Channel 4's The IT Crowd
by Joe Lepper Brand Republic 4 Nov 2005

Morris: starring in 'The IT Crowd'

LONDON - Channel 4's forthcoming sitcom 'The IT Crowd', about a group of computer geeks, is set to mark a return to the screen of Chris Morris, who made his name with groundbreaking comedy shows including BBC's 'The Day Today' and Channel 4's 'Brass Eye'.

According to a report in the Daily Mirror, an insider working at the show's production company Talkback Thames says comedy writer and actor Morris is set to play the boss of the plush company where the main characters work in a dingy basement.

The paper adds that Morris, who is famously reclusive, was hoping to keep his role a secret.

This will be his first appearance on TV since his show 'Jam' on Channel 4. However, he wrote and directed another sitcom on the channel this year, 'Nathan Barley', which received mixed reviews.

His spoof documentary series 'Brass Eye', which infamously fooled a number of celebrities and politicians into thinking it was genuine, courted controversy and viewer complaints in particular for a show about paedophilia and the media.

'The IT Crowd' is written by 'Father Ted' and 'Black Books' writer Graham Linehan and is part of Channel 4's new season for winter 2006. It will be screened from next February on Friday nights and will form part of a revival of Channel 4's successful comedy night concept.

Also being screened on Friday nights will be hit US sitcom 'My Name is Earl', starring Jason Lee, and the return of  '8 out of 10 Cats' and 'The Friday Night Project'.

InfiniteFury

Neil

Never mind, you can redeem yourself by adding this to the Article Database, eh? :-)

Quote from: "some lazy twat"This will be his first appearance on TV since his show 'Jam' on Channel 4.

No.

InfiniteFury

TJ

QuoteThe paper adds that Morris, who is famously reclusive, was hoping to keep his role a secret.

Ha ha.

InfiniteFury

Tried adding it to the database, got this - said there was an error and went into Debug mode as follows:

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs_text (privmsgs_text_id, privmsgs_bbcode_uid, privmsgs_text) VALUES (98834, 'e94368e81e', 'An article has been submitted or modified:\n\n\n[b:e94368e81e]Article Name:[/b:e94368e81e] Brass Eye's Morris makes TV return in Channel 4's The IT Crowd [b:e94368e81e]Posted By:[/b:e94368e81e] InfiniteFury [b:e94368e81e]Description:[/b:e94368e81e] [i:e94368e81e]Info on Morris cameo appearance in The IT Crowd[/i:e94368e81e] [b:e94368e81e]Category:[/b:e94368e81e] Other [b:e94368e81e]Source:[/b:e94368e81e] Other [b:e94368e81e]>>Read Full Article[/b:e94368e81e]')

Line : 727
File : functions_kb.php

Artemis

QuoteAlso being screened on Friday nights will be the return of '8 out of 10 Cats' and 'The Friday Night Project'.

Clear the Friday schedule for February, ma, I'm gonna be home.

Neil

Thanks InfiniteFury, it's went in ok!  I'll see if I can sort out that error.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Oh not the fucking Friday Night Project. I thought that was a dismal failure in every way.
Looking forward to seeing Morris in this but I can't be bothered getting my hopes up.

What has Chris Morris appeared in after jam? I cant think.

InfiniteFury

I think he showed up in one of the Nathan Barley epidoes. Right at the beginning - I missed 5 minutes of one of them.

I didn't miss much by the sounds of it/the standards of the rest of the series.

butnut

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"What has Chris Morris appeared in after jam? I cant think.

Brass Eye Special?

No im sure he didnt. I watched them recently (yes i bought that dvd too - for completist reasons, honest). His voice is there but he's never on screen.

EDIT: Im reffering to nathan barley there obviously, not brasseye special. That was post jam was it? Oh my memory.

It will be good to see him in anything, I do find him very charasmatic and watchable - i dont know much about this sitcom but a good writer too eh? Are we excited or have we given up being excited about anything anymore?

The Duck Man

I think we are officially disillusioned towards this project for Ayoade reasons.

Oh, and Friday Night Project is coming back with Justin Lee Collins instead of Carr, Rouse etc. There's an incentive for you folks!

Beagle 2

It said in the Mirror today this is the "first show he's ever appeared in that he hasn't written himself". That's just not true is it?

hansen mork

TJ

So, given that in IAP he basically just 'did' Christopher Morris ("sordid little grief-hole" and all), does he just 'do' his current character in this? Does the boss just say stuff like "don't spunk your spazzwad DivXwrong on my desk"?

Quote from: "TJ"So, given that in IAP he basically just 'did' Christopher Morris ("sordid little grief-hole" and all), does he just 'do' his current character in this? Does the boss just say stuff like "don't spunk your spazzwad DivXwrong on my desk"?

Difficult to judge really. It was just one role and it was written by his day today buddies - presumably with him in mind. Be interesting to know whether Lineham wrote his sitcom before casting or not. Be equally interesting to know whether this will be a return to Father Ted type sitcom antics or another office clone. Much as I enjoy the offices curbs and Sanders of this world i think i could do with a bit of the former at the moment.

Ah!

QuoteGraham himself described it as "Father Ted with geeks"

ffogems

I can safely say it is more of a Father Ted than an Office, and Chris Morris plays an unintelligible boss who does things like laugh and giggle at how much he enjoys a cup of tea.

RHX

Quote from: "ffogems"I can safely say it is more of a Father Ted than an Office, and Chris Morris plays an unintelligible boss who does things like laugh and giggle at how much he enjoys a cup of tea.

Hmm... upon hearing that it was going to be more like Father Ted, I was hoping that he would be playing a character not unlike Bishop Brennan.

CK1

Clearly he's talented and successful and free to do whatever he likes..but as a fan....I wish he'd do some radio.

Jasper

I think Morris is an amazing comic actor and I haven't seen him do any acting for a long time.  I'm looking forward to seeing him in this, I hope the show is funny , It sounds like it's getting a bad rep already, I hope this isn't the case.

ffogems

If you can get over the obtrusive bump that is Richard "Pinocchio" Ayoade, then it could be very enjoyable.

Didn't realise his surname is pronounced 'I-O-ARD-EE' - he really is a KUR-NNT, isn't he?

Quote from: "Jasper"It sounds like it's getting a bad rep already, I hope this isn't the case.

What a surprise.  before it's even fucking aired.

Neil

Quote from: "The Man With Brass Eyes"
Quote from: "Jasper"It sounds like it's getting a bad rep already, I hope this isn't the case.

What a surprise.  before it's even fucking aired.

Before it's even fucking filmed, too.  So what though?

Hey if we continue to keep our expectations low enough then we'll be chewing our heads off in glee if it turns out to be great.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "The Man With Brass Eyes"Hey if we continue to keep our expectations low enough then we'll be chewing our heads off in glee if it turns out to be great.

But then some people will chew their heads off in glee if it's 'alright'.

yeah but they're already a good looking Pez dispenser.