Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:51:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Izzard as Dr Who ?

Started by Clarky Cat, March 04, 2004, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king mob

Billie Piper would be fine as long as Chris Evans could play Davros.

If the new series is filming in spring as it's been reported then surely they must be in final auditions/have a good idea/have picked the new doctor by now.

Matthias

I thought the BBC had already announced that it would be Richard E Grant.. remember? During that time when they released the online Paul McGann cartoon story? On the telly they mentioned "the new doctor.. Richard E Grant." They did I tell you.

Bill Nighy is too camp... George Irving is the only feasible choice... or bring back Tom Baker. As old and grey as he is, he could do it for another 7 years.

Stephen Hawking for Davros!

smoker

all the choices mentioned so far have their good qualities, but for me there can only one possible choice for the new DW. i give you:

the doctor

Quote from: "Matthias"I thought the BBC had already announced that it would be Richard E Grant.. remember? During that time when they released the online Paul McGann cartoon story? On the telly they mentioned "the new doctor.. Richard E Grant." They did I tell you

Nope.  Richard E Grant was the new doctor for the BBCi online cartoon.  They never said anything about him playing the doctor for the tv show.

Matthias

Quote from: "tubbsthespidergigolo2"
Quote from: "Matthias"I thought the BBC had already announced that it would be Richard E Grant.. remember? During that time when they released the online Paul McGann cartoon story? On the telly they mentioned "the new doctor.. Richard E Grant." They did I tell you

Nope.  Richard E Grant was the new doctor for the BBCi online cartoon.  They never said anything about him playing the doctor for the tv show.

But the online cartoon featured Paul McGann!?!

Kingboy_D

Quote from: "Matthias"

But the online cartoon featured Paul McGann!?!

No, the other online cartoon Scream of the Shalka,  which is pretty darn good. Really captures the feel of the old show. I'd like to see Grant as the doctor because that cartoon pilot had the potential for a lot of intrigue. Eddie Izzard would make it I dunno, too colourful and jolly, my fave Who is dark and enigmatic.

Quote from: "Matthias"But the online cartoon featured Paul McGann!?!

Yeh what Kingboy said.  No it didn't.  Paul McGann did star in a BBCi Who audio adventure that was accompanied by pictures but the cartoon was Richard E Grant.

TotalNightmare

i must apologise for my good friend Jemble's comments regarding Buffy not being as good as R&H:D.

He has a bias, of course, but he does not know of what he speaks.

I love Vic and Bob's take on RandH, but felt the overall presense of Charley Higson got on my tits slightly, it needed to do what Dr Who is doing and getting in some more new and talented writers in for the 2nd series.

However, you can all pull my pud, because... ranking above Buffy and everything else... The Twilight Zone... so ya boo sucks to you.

Darrell

Quote from: "TotalNightmare"I love Vic and Bob's take on RandH, but felt the overall presense of Charley Higson got on my tits slightly, it needed to do what Dr Who is doing and getting in some more new and talented writers in for the 2nd series.

Err, it did! Gareth Roberts, Mark Gatiss and Jeremy Dyson, that other woman... exactly what you describe!

R&M do R&H is better than the original (which I also really like), though. And it's miles better than Buffy.

king mob

Quote from: "TotalNightmare"i must apologise for my good friend Jemble's comments regarding Buffy not being as good as R&H:D.

He has a bias, of course, but he does not know of what he speaks.

I love Vic and Bob's take on RandH, but felt the overall presense of Charley Higson got on my tits slightly, it needed to do what Dr Who is doing and getting in some more new and talented writers in for the 2nd series.

However, you can all pull my pud, because... ranking above Buffy and everything else... The Twilight Zone... so ya boo sucks to you.

Oh yes, TZ was fantastic in its original run & its 80's revivial was fantastic.Bruce willis in Harlan Ellisons "Shatterday",Friedkin doing horror & other glories.

R & H was a nice bit of 60's/70's tv & there it should have stayed  , the Vic & Bob version was too jokey & just plain dull & not really fun.
Buffy is ok, i can see why people get all hot & flustered over it but its not that great.
runs and hides

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "smoker"all the choices mentioned so far have their good qualities, but for me there can only one possible choice for the new DW. i give you:

the doctor

Who?

Cerys

Ben Affleck?  Ben Fucking Affleck?!

Curse you for even thinking about it!

Quote from: "TotalNightmare"i must apologise for my good friend Jemble's comments regarding Buffy not being as good as R&H:D.  He has a bias, of course, but he does not know of what he speak.

Very sane words.  Don't get me wrong.  I liked R&M's R&H and prefered it to the original but to say it was better than Buffy.  My word, it's the end of the world as we know it.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "TotalNightmare"i must apologise for my good friend Jemble's comments regarding Buffy not being as good as R&H:D.  He has a bias, of course, but he does not know of what he speak.

Very sane words.  Don't get me wrong.  I liked R&M's R&H and prefered it to the original but to say it was better than Buffy.  My word, it's the end of the world as we know it.

Fucking bollocks. Not a very deep reply, but still, fucking bollocks it is.

TotalNightmare writes for the Catherine Tate Show.

Gazeuse

Just saw the last Doctor bloke outside EasyEverything in Tottenham Court Road. He had obviously going into all the electrical shops trying to get a cheap spare part for the TARDIS.

How has this got to three pages?  I thought we'd decided ages ago that I was going to do it.  I think it was Superplonker that did a picture of me saying why I was the perfect candidade.  Either him or Surferghost.  Definitely began with an "S".

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"How has this got to three pages?  I thought we'd decided ages ago that I was going to do it.  I think it was Superplonker that did a picture of me saying why I was the perfect candidade.  Either him or Surferghost.  Definitely began with an "S".

And as if by magic:

I've been demoted since last we met. I'm not that super after all.

Darrell

See the new thread I've started...