Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Funny Phonecalls - except I'm not laughing

Started by Hairy Chin, March 04, 2004, 05:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Chin

Cheers Munday's - it's nce to know that there are actually people who work at call centres like that who do actually give a toss. Mind you, whenever I've rung Orange for something, they've always been pleasant and very helpful.

Now, enough of your praises, show us this magic phone thing you can do! We won't tell people where we learn it from.

gazzyk1ns

Hehe I have a mate who work for BT, and when he wanted to book tickets for an Oasis gig which he knew would obviously sell out really fast about a year (two years?) ago, he took ticketmaster's lines "off air", thus clearing all their queued calls and preventing any new ones from being made, seconds before the tickets went on sale. Then he typed the number into his mobile phone, and then quicky put ticketmaster "on air" again whilst simultaneously dialling the number...

hencole

I used to know some engineers codes for some mobile phones that I think changed your peak calls to off peak and vice versa. I didn't have a phone at the time, but had a few people swear blind that they worked.

Neil's suggestion that there may be people out there who'd like to think they are Chris Moyles has got me reeling.

But his quick anti-mobile rant I agree with. Fortunately five years ago I moved into a house with 18" granite walls, through which my mobile couldn't "see". If it wasn't for this I would still be cooking my brains and hearing the missed call blips in every ride cymbal and squeaky hinge. What's that - somebody wants me? Somebody's missed me?

But if Munday's's trick is good enough, I'll get a new one ...

Hairy Chin

yeah, I remember that one where you typed something along the lines of *#sim0clock*# on your nokia keypad - people said it would let you make a free call or something, but I'm nit convinced it did anything like that.

I still tried it though!

gazzyk1ns

*#06# brings up the serial number on virtually every mobile in the UK, if not the world, I think. Useless but it makes you go "Oh, look at that" for a second.

Nokias always have a few codes, you can get into a little maintenance menu which tells you when the phone was made, how many times it's been repaired by Nokia, and change a mode involving battery usage/signal quality. Look on p2p proggies for your model, there's word docs for most of them. I think there's a few sites too.

hencole

i manage to make a small version of pacman appear on my phone the other day by sitting on it accidently and then finding I'd pressed all manner of buttons. At the end of this rubbish was a symbol of pacman that I have never been able to duplicate. Weird or what?!??

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "butnut"Can I completely hijack this thread please? Thanks.

Has anyone else been rung up by those fucking machines? Some American computer woman who starts droning on about winning a great prize. Total cunts. And there's no way of finding out who's doing it. And if you hang up and pick the phone up again - she's still there, whittering on about nothing, and using up my fucking phone line.

FUCK OFF!!!!!!!

It's like having a girlfriend, but without the occasional bonus of intercourse.

Ooh! Ooh! Yes! I've had one of those. I couldn't get the bastard thing to hang up for ages either.

hencole

Theres a simple solution to that problem.

Hairy Chin

Quote from: "gazzyk1nsNokias always have a few codes, you can get into a little maintenance menu which tells you when the phone was made, how many times it's been repaired by Nokia, and change a mode involving battery usage/signal quality. Look on p2p proggies for your model, there's word docs for most of them. I think there's a few sites too.

There's some here.

Ah it isnt a sharable trick im afraid, some engineery bloke did it on his computer using my imei.

Abbie

I've just got off the phone from Orange, Mundays.  They weren't very helpful to their newest customer.......  :-(     Do you know Adam?    He needs some training on how Port Authorisation Codes work (or don't work).

gazzyk1ns

Hehehee Abbie phone him back and say, dramatically, "You need to brush up on your PAC, man!" And see if he can avoid bursting out laughing...

Abbie

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Hehehee Abbie phone him back and say, dramatically, "You need to brush up on your PAC, man!" And see if he can avoid bursting out laughing...

Mwhahaha.....cept my new phone cut me off half way through the call (fucking useless), trying to get someone to put me back through to Adam was impossible.  It was like ringing Buckingham Palace and asking to speak to the Queen.   Who?  Why?  I'm sure I can  help...no really I can.....what?  Oh I can't help with that sorry, ring another number......hello, yes?  I can only help with 1/8th of that query, let me give you some other numbers to ring when you have finished with me...

I have now had to ask them to come and take my beautiful new phone away.  The most helpful person I have spoken to tonight was Amy on the 14 day money back guarantee line.  

Tomorrow i'm off to the Vodafone shop which is disappointing as I hate giving those thieving bastards my money.  

Grumble over.

Still love you though Mundays, even if you are one of them ^

Hairy Chin

I thought you were talking about me then - I know fuck all about port authorisation codes.

cptwhite

Quote from: "Hairy Chin"I"Hello?" which was answered wth a slightly echoey "Yeah, 'sup?" I just hung up.

The funniest thing I've read all day, even beating

"as a horror writer, i don't ask for much. i just hope i've completely changed the way you think about life."

hehehe