Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:32:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Greatest Gigs" program that was just on C4 and the Who documentary

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, November 10, 2005, 12:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Passing Turk Slipper

Anyone see it? Usual kind of thing with numerous talking heads to get annoyed at but still quite a lot of great footage. There's a Who doc on tommorrow as well to look forward to, I think it's like a music themed week or something. Anyway, what did you guys think of the show?

A Passing Turk Slipper

Heh, not much it seems. Well is anyone planning on watching the Who show on tonight? Anyone know if it's any good?

A Passing Turk Slipper

Twenty to twelve on C4 as part of that UK Music Hall of Fame annoying shite which can show some quite good clips despite it's annoyingness. It's a documentary about the making of Who's Next apparently, I'm going to tape it anyway. The Who are not on TV anywhere near enough.

Frinky

Thank fuck for you, APTS, I would have missed this otherwise.

I man-kiss you.

Ah - I have that already.  I think it's most likely the 'Classic Albums' programme, but if you've not seen it, it's worth a look.

A Passing Turk Slipper

And I return that man-kiss. I'll be at the Sigur Ros gig tonight (woo hoo) so shall miss it but I'll get me mammy to tape it for me (I don't have a tape recorder) - you wait for one decent musical event then two come along at once.
The Classic Albums thing was ITV wasn't it? It doesn't say it's a repeat anyway, it says previously unseen footage and stuff.

Frinky

Seeing Ros, eh? In for a treat there. I hope they end on Untitled 8, that's one of the best (live) buildups I've ever heard.

The Mumbler

Um, how do all those people polled *know* that a particular gig was great?  The Pistols at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester?  If Paul Morley or any of Buzzcocks were polled, fair enough.  But there weren't *that* many people in attendance.

JJJJH

Still, at least they had old Hooky on there. Didn't they? I thought I saw him appear for a good 5 seconds, probably more.

LadyDay

Quote from: "The Mumbler"Um, how do all those people polled *know* that a particular gig was great?  The Pistols at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester?  If Paul Morley or any of Buzzcocks were polled, fair enough.  But there weren't *that* many people in attendance.

Four of my friends were there, they still have the tickets to prove it. It was great, as they feel the need to tell me over and over again, and then again, just in case I hadn't heard them the first time, or the second time.......you get the picture...