Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Like a Pubic Hair on The Urinal of Life Waiting to be Pissed On

Started by Spaced Cadet, March 04, 2004, 10:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaced Cadet

That's How I feel today. I'll explain...

I work for a large mobile phone company. For ages I have tried to get out of the department I work in - Wirefree Data Support - (really just glorified call centre work, but the pay is not to bad). I found a position that I really wanted to go for working on the Intranet, a foot in the door when it comes to doing something a bit more creative. The way this company selects applicants and interviews is based on "behaviors" therefore each position has 5 or 6 behaviors, such as Customer Focus or Adaptability etc. you get the idea (stop me if I'm boring you). So anyway I spent ages getting my application letter and CV together to cover all of this. To cut a long story short, i did'nt even get an interview, so yesterday I went to get some feedback to find out where I went wrong. The guy running the interviews said that he knew I was qualified to do the job but it turns out I did'nt express enough of my knowledge about the company brand and some other minor bollocks. Basically if I had literally wrote "I understand the Company Brand" I would have scored an extra point and got the interview.
I get into work today to find out someone that I work with (and helped to train when they started!) has got an interview. It's a big enough kick in the bollocks that you don't get an interview, but I bet this bastard will get the jobs as well.
Phew...rant over.

terminallyrelaxed

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "Spaced Cadet"The guy running the interviews said that he knew I was qualified to do the job but it turns out I did'nt express enough of my knowledge about the company brand and some other minor bollocks.

I'll be blunt; he's bullshitting you so it looks like they had valid legal reasons not to interview you. If they said you were qualified but didn't interview you it's because they obviously know you and decided you were unsuitable from the outset for whatever reason.

Internal promotions are in my experience largely a carrot to keep the donkeys moving - if you want to progress, do it externally. They have no loyalty to you, so don't reward them with yours.