Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tre's Grid

Started by Tre, November 12, 2005, 08:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jutl

Quote from: "Tre"OK - URGENT! we need someone to take TSB's place please.  Not  susie JJJJH or mothman - but anyone else will do. We were doing so well... : (

Erm - I'll do it if you're in a fix...

Tre

fantasitibubble.. I'll pass you the bit.

Mediocre Rich

Done and passed at last.

Tre

Ok - will have mine done tonight.

Tre

OK - done... passing to susie. Bloodyhell - it's not easy is it! Well done people!

Tre

Three left to go.... Ending in sight... In WELL under a month!

susie

Who are we waiting for? Is it Mook?

mook

I'm waiting on Mothman.

Tre

Sorry - Mothman PMd me - he's gonna try and get it done soon - he had other stuff to do on the weekend.

mothman

I'm unlikely to be able to do it before the weekend. I'm really sorry. If you can find someone else who'll do it, go ahead. If you can wait - and I really want to be able to do it - I'll aim for Saturday completion.

mook

That's OK by me, as it turns out I won't have much chance to do anything before saturday anyway.

Tre

There you go mothyboy! No probs.
I've been keeping my self occupied anyways - Flip back a page in a sec to find out on what!

Tre

Just two to go.... I'm well excited!

mothman

But. . . you KNOW what it's going to roughly look like! How can that be exciting?

Regular John

It must be REALLY good then! eh?

Tre

I'm easily excited. The fact that it has, pretty much, worked has excited me! I want to do a round one next, who's up for that!?

mothman

Round? How boring. I think we should do spherical!

Regular John

Quote from: "mothman"Round? How boring. I think we should do spherical!

Aye, get it textured in a 3D program and bung out a controllable Flash movie!

falafel

I was actually thinking that as well... but I gave up, it seemed too hard. If someone can do it though, it would be brill!

Tre

I'm up for it - but I wouldn't be able to fit it all together and make it flashy.  Have you done your bit yet Mothy?

falafel

I've got Maya, but I'm not very good at it. Anyone actually capable of doing the 3d?

(ed: to refer mothman to Tre's question on the previous page...)

JJJJH

We've got to finish this grid first! Come oooooooooon!

But... there's a tutorial here for putting a 3D "sequence" into Flash, that can be spun (not sure how easy the vertical rotation is). I'm guessing all we would need apart from that tutorial is someone capable of mapping all the spherical worm segments onto a 3D globe, and then outputting a series of stills of it rotating.

I say it's that simple, but I know fuck-all about it really.

I couldn't even be arsed to read the tutorial. I just played with the funky diving helmet.

Tre

Sorry it's MOOK that needs to get a move on - not mothy! MOOK - get on with it, please! x

Mediocre Rich

Do I need to send him a PM or anything?

mook

Sorry about the delay, I'm on it now.

EDIT...All done and passed on.

ccab

I propose renaming this thread "Tres Gridlocked"

Get your acts together!

Tre

Ok - all done - finished article will be shown tonight, about 9ish.

Tre

Ok - If you wanna see it, go here...

http://img467.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sgrid27fy.jpg

If you wanna see them all, displayed in an informative, not too sparkly way, go here...

http://vw-worms.tripod.com

Thanks all and Well done x x x

If anyone figures out how to do a sphere I'm up for running it again. Any other ideas also welcome. Jus' let me know.

slim

That's fucking great, that. Nice work everyone!

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

that's really cool

i think it would have been better if people had contemplated how hard or easy it could be for the next people along to link to them