Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Best TOTP appearances

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, November 13, 2005, 11:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Ciarán"The Pet Shop Boys' "Red Letter Day" where Chris Lowe reclined in a high comfy chair like a posh baby. A couple of PSB ones actually, I like the understated "West End Girls" performance from November '85 - that's how synth pop duos are meant to look. .

And of course their performance of 'So Hard' where Chris just walks away at the end – brilliantly used for comic effect by Rob Newman.

"Neil, why don't you invite me round any more?  I said I'm sorry about the toilet!... Ah, sod it."

kidsick5000

Quote from: "Derek Trucks"Airport - by The Motors surely?  Great 70s pop record.  Pilot had a big hit with "January" (not so great 70s pop record).

Thems the buggers. Ah bollocks. So much for my spouting of pop knowledge.
Still, apart from the name, the story is stil true. And they were ugly. So I can take some comfort in that.

Pilot were the ones who did Magic, werent they? Were they?Not sure of anything now.

They were.  Bassist and vocalist Dave Paton wasn't the greatest looking of people either.  Oversized teeth.  Oddly enough, he spent most of the 90s playing in Fish's band, which ties things in with a couple of earlier comments.

Ray Le Otter

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"

And of course their performance of 'So Hard' where Chris just walks away at the end – brilliantly used for comic effect by Rob Newman.

"Neil, why don't you invite me round any more?  I said I'm sorry about the toilet!... Ah, sod it."

Ah! But that was from Wogan, not Top Of The Pops.
Christ, that's sad of me to be so pedantic.

Their TOTP appearances around the "Very" era were quite good - "Liberation" dressed in the Fez outfits with a fawning David Walliams in the audience and "Can You Forgive Her?" with Chris in costume from the video, sat in some sort of very high umpire chair.