Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:30:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Art on the telly (Imagine BBC 1 tonight - 10:35 - Warhol: Denied)

Started by splattermac, November 24, 2005, 12:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

splattermac

I'm there babeh and what's weird is I'm tidying up all my mags and look who's here. Spooky.

Don't suppose you have a copy do you? I am indeed gutted I missed it :(
Check him out with Betsy, the gran in the fridge :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/features/pop-ups/artsafari1.shtml

fanny splendid

Nah, sorry. I only watched it by accident. I have asked the guy over at UKNova if he has that episode but he only has those first? two. Hopefully it will be repeated, and he'll upload it.

Cattelan is very secretive, and never does interviews. Instead, he hires people to do the interviews for him. So when the Art Safari guy learnt of the hired guy who was going to turn up, he decided to get someone to replace himself in the interview. He rented the old Saatchi gallery, and installed a large fridge in the middle of the space. The Cattelan replacement was led into the room, and was instructed to open the fridge. In the fridge was a little old lady, dressed as Betsy,  who proceeded to do the interview from there.

fanny splendid

There's a new Art Safari, about Sophie Calle, up at the usual place.

splattermac

Nice one, missed that as well. Spotted one on Thursday though as part of BBC4's Asian Invasion Week.

Art Safari
10:00 pm     
Takashi Murakami.
Toying with Art:
Ben Lewis looks at the art of Takashi Murakami, whose candy-coloured pieces have made him Japan's most lucrative modern artist. Part of Asian Invasion Season.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/cinema/features/asian-invasion.shtml

fanny splendid

The Takashi Murakami episode is now up at the usual place.

peet

Tonight 10:35-11:40 BBC1:

Imagine...
Warhol: Denied

Alan Yentob goes to New York to investigate the perilous business of authenticating works by one of the most original and influential artists of the twentieth century, Andy Warhol. Those who both know and worked closely with Warhol give their insights into his unusual working methods, while others speak openly about the experience of having their investments turned into wallpaper overnight.

green jelly

Channel 4, Tonight (tues 28th), 01:05  : Animate! TV

For anyone who's interested in arty animation, channel 4 are repeating their programme of all the six films from 2005's animate! scheme (it was originally shown in december, I think) on tuesday night.
There are some really good films this year, including 'Who I Am and What I Want' by David Shrigley & Chris Shepherd and 'Rabbit' by Run Wrake. It's well worth a look.

-You can find out more about the films here: http://www.animateonline.org/