Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:15:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Banter" on R4 - depressing list shows reborn as comedy panel show

Started by lazyhour, November 24, 2005, 09:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazyhour

QuoteTV Recordings are pleased to announce that tickets have just been released for BANTER, a brand-new panel show for BBC Radio 4, hosted by Andrew Collins, the film editor for Radio Times and host of Radio 2's The Day The Music Died.

Regular panellists will include comedians:

Richard Herring - BBC2's Fist of Fun Radio 4's On The Hour
Russell Howard - BBC Radio 1's The Milk Run, "One of the hottest comedians in the country"   The Mirror
Will Smith - BBC1's The Stand Up Show, Channel 4's The 11 O'clock Show

As well as the regular panellists, BANTER will feature guest appearances from a selection of the nation's finest and best-loved comedy talent.

In BANTER, panellists with a sense of humour have it out with each other to come up with their definitive "top threes" in categories covering anything from science to cinema, and from playwrights to Playstation.

It's a show for everyone who's ever debated subjects such as:

·  Who are the 3 most influential women of the 20th century?
 ·  Who is the greatest sitcom character of all time?

And perhaps even more importantly:

· What are the 3 best chocolate bars, ever?

JOY!

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Oh God, imagine being stuck in a recording session for that.

Trust me - I've sat through the Charm Offensive pilot, so I don't have to imagine.

The Duck Man

Russell Howard and Will Smith are funny chaps, but this is still doomed to failure.

You just know it.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"Oh God, imagine being stuck in a recording session for that.

Trust me - I've sat through the Charm Offensive pilot, so I don't have to imagine.

Is it something like being a character in a Sartre play?

Bernard

Is being negative a prerequisite to posting on here??

Innocent until proven guilty please. Take it for what it is - a radio panel game that'll make you chuckle as you wash up your crockery, cutlery and the like.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "Bernard"Is being negative a prerequisite to posting on here??

No - only when a show, given the people involved and grim past experience, looks like it'll be awful.

My dad used to do the washing-up to The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Burkiss Way, Radio Active and On the Hour.

Bernard

Can we at least then together mock those people with dishwashers who have to watch the telly? Poor souls.

A Passing Turk Slipper

So this is just FAQ U basically then isn't it? Except they have to give the answer in a list.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Bernard"Is being negative a prerequisite to posting on here??

Innocent until proven guilty please.
Yeah, also, we shouldn't slag the BNP untill they've been in power for a bit should we?

lazyhour

There is a lot of negativity from a lot of people on this site about current comedy, Bernard, because there is reason to be negative.  Do you think that this is a good time for British comedy?

Bernard

I concede four thirty five pm isn't the best. But it hots up after eight.

lazyhour

Arf!

For balance, I'm currently watching Harry Hill's Shark Infested Custard and am laughing like a drain.   I just did a positive guffaw at a consolation prize of "a mystery meal for you and a friend", as Harry Hill senior held up a tin can of food with the label removed.

Bernard

In Cardiff at the moment, if you buy the local paper from the seller in the street, you get TWO tins of HP beans! The thing is, they're half size tins which is a bit unfair. Anyway, back to the radio.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"My dad used to do the washing-up to The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Burkiss Way, Radio Active and On the Hour.

You must have had massive dinners then.

HAHAHAHA quick, get me an agent!

benthalo

Am I the only one who caught the pilot in August? Transmitted like herpes by Radio 4.

The Mumbler

Quote from: "benthalo"Am I the only one who caught the pilot in August? Transmitted like herpes by Radio 4.

Late-period Loose Talk, only worse.