Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:38:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Notable Deaths 2024

Started by lauraxsynthesis, February 13, 2024, 02:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 23, 2024, 12:13:58 PMNot a good day for Doctor Who guest stars - Pamela Salem has also passed away

And Stuart Organ (had to check - Bazin in Dragonfire) makes it a Who hat-trick. Sadly, he doesn't appear to have been in Blake's 7.

Bad Ambassador

However, he was in the BBC's second-longest running fantasy drama, Grange Hill.

He was its longest-running character, according to the Beeb (15 years).

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on February 24, 2024, 12:42:12 AMHe was its longest-running character, according to the Beeb (15 years).

Exceptionally bland character wasn't he?

BrahmanOK

Diehard Lewis. That's Richard Lewis of Curb Your Enthusiasm fame.

Dex Sawash

Felt like he wouldn't live through an episode going back a couple seasons

Alberon

Dave Myers - a hairy biker - has rather expectedly died of cancer.

Dex Sawash

Is one of the two fat ladies still alive?

Alberon

I think so, maybe the surviving members of both could join up.

The Fat Bikers?
Two Hairy Ladies?

imitationleather

I am sorry to announce that both Fat Ladies are very dead.

Dex Sawash

Could still use the sidecar one

idunnosomename

Hairy Carker

He'll be in grave soon, you believe it

Aha "grave", gets me every time. Classic.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: imitationleather on February 29, 2024, 10:51:05 AMI am sorry to announce that both Fat Ladies are very dead.

Don't be, they were a pair of proper horrible tory cunts weren't they?

Presumed he didn't have long left, solely because of the recent Knorr stock pot advert where the camera refuses to stay on him for a second. Si's running the whole thing and Dave just gets panned past or stays out of focus. "He's too fucked to show", I exclaimed to my other half. "Dead soon."

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on February 29, 2024, 11:16:28 AMDon't be, they were a pair of proper horrible tory cunts weren't they?

*stuffs sausage meat so far up a goose carcass, it's burst out the other end like a hideous meat fountain* "And that's why you can't trust the Indians."

dissolute ocelot

Sad about Dave Hairy, always found the Bikers two of the most pleasant TV cooks, a profession where being a total cunt is almost mandatory. Really hope Rick Stein is drowned or shot, for instance, and his corpse converted into affordable housing for Cornwallians. I'll cook up a big pot of something in memory of Dave.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on February 29, 2024, 11:16:28 AMDon't be, they were a pair of proper horrible tory cunts weren't they?

Didn't one of them consume so much gin every day that she got quinine poisoning from the four pints of tonic she was mixing it with?

George White

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 29, 2024, 12:28:09 PMDidn't one of them consume so much gin every day that she got quinine poisoning from the four pints of tonic she was mixing it with?
Clarissa Dickson Wright, who was about twenty years younger than the other one (Jennifer Paterson) but thanks to gin and cigarettes, looked the same age.

touchingcloth

touchingcloth

Did one of the Hairy Bikers ride in a sidecar? The gin-soaked Fat Lady rode in one, so maybe the remaining Hairy one can buckle on onto his bike and keep the grift going by Weekend At Bernies-ing the other one around in it.

Jittlebags

A Jimmy White's Brother job then...

jobotic

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 29, 2024, 12:10:45 PMSad about Dave Hairy, always found the Bikers two of the most pleasant TV cooks, a profession where being a total cunt is almost mandatory. Really hope Rick Stein is drowned or shot, for instance, and his corpse converted into affordable housing for Cornwallians. I'll cook up a big pot of something in memory of Dave.

Yeah they both seem nice. Feel bad for the other one.

My respectful stance was ruined though by laughing at "he's too fucked to show" in Huxley Babkins' post.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The surviving biker could team up with Fred Serious for some sort of road trip cooking extravaganza around France. Fred'll agree to any old shit as long as he gets to be on television.

Pink Gregory

I was under the impression that the other one was ill as well.  He might just have depression.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Paul Chuckle and Si King

The Hairy Chuckles
The Chuckling Bikers

jobotic

Picturing my daughter answering the door to some canvassing politician this year.

"Is your mum or dad in?"

"yes my dad"

"Could you ask him to come to the door please dear?"

"Nah, he's too fucked to show".

touchingcloth

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 29, 2024, 11:43:49 AMPresumed he didn't have long left, solely because of the recent Knorr stock pot advert where the camera refuses to stay on him for a second. Si's running the whole thing and Dave just gets panned past or stays out of focus. "He's too fucked to show", I exclaimed to my other half. "Dead soon."

Knorr: we know you're fucked know.

privatefriend

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 29, 2024, 03:25:31 PMI was under the impression that the other one was ill as well.  He might just have depression.

Alopecia